Brody is not doing well

ashleynicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Brody! I bet he looks pitiful, dogs and kitties both are MASTERS at looking so sad when they are sick. Just give him tons of hugs and kisses, and let us know how the treatment works.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tanya...you & Brody have so much support & love coming your way from TCS.
Please hang in there little boy.

jessicasoosweet

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

Brody has either kennel cough or canine influenza. There isn't a way to treat the canine influenza so he is being treated for kennel cough. He received an antibiotic shot at the vets office and will be taking antibiotics and cough supressant for 3 weeks. This puts off his heart worm treatment for at least 3 weeks as well.

Poor guy, he has been through so much. I just want to get him healthy.
I could ring the neck of his previous owners about now
i am glad to heat that it didnt have anything to do withthe heartworms and i know how it is with wanting to do the heartworm treatment soon....me and my fiances brother just got done doing it....sending get better vibes to Brody

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tanya,

What a bummer this expense is all falling upon you (especially at Christmas). He will be better soon!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Brody seems to be feeling better. Actually last night once we returned home from the vet he was fine.... That always happens doesn't it?

He kept his dinner down, and as far as I know his breakfast as well. I left the house about 30 minutes after I fed him this morning so I will know for sure at lunch time when I go to check on him.

I called my mom yesterday after I found out the news because Brody has played with their dog and kennel cough is highly contagious. Brody received a vaccine for it last weekend. I thought the vaccine must have been routine, but apparently not because their dog, Lily, had never received the vaccine. Mom brought her in to get the shot yesterday just in case. Hopefully she doesn't come down with it.

I wonder the chances of Brody coming down with it from the vaccine.
Only one week passed between him getting the shot and coming down with the symptoms. He has been home with us for 3 weeks now it seems strange that if he was exposed to it before he was found that he is just now showing symptoms.... But then again, I really don't know much about it. I plan to read up on it today to make sure I get him better.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Glad to hear that Brody seems to feeling better. He's a tough little guy! Will keep the good vibes/prayers coming for both of you.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just realized that I forgot to thank each and every one of you for all of your good vibes and thoughts for Brody and I.

The whole situation has been hard on us all, but I think Brody has suffered the most. For us it was just an adjustment period, and Chris as you mentioned very unplanned expenses to deal with during the holidays. I actually had to laugh when I found out how much the bill was when I was checking out at the vets office. I said "Wow finding a dog is rough!". She made a comment and said "Free dogs always end up being the most expensive". For Christmas morning I told my fiance I am wrapping a bow around Brody's neck and sitting him under the Christmas tree

Brody suffers the most though. As I mentioned, I could ring the neck of his previous owners.
I just want him to be healthy and happy. This was a big set back because I thought things were moving forward from here. I asked the vet if there was anything else Brody could possiblu have that we don't know about. I asked if he needed any tests run or anything else, and he said no. He thinks that once he recovers from this, and then we get control of the heartworms he is in the clear.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The incubation period of kennel cough is 3-5 days after exposure, then they start showing symptoms. He couldn't have picked it up before we found him if he hasn't shown signs and we have had him for 3 weeks.

cazimauw

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i just found this thread and read through all of it.
happy to hear that brody is all healthy again

jaspers mummy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I also have just found and read through this post poor little Brody he's haveing a ruff trot the poor baby
I'm glad thing's are looking up for you guys

P.S. there ain't nothing wrong with being a dog person to