Broadline Flea and Worm Treatment

zemari

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OK so its that time when I have to treat my 2 furbabies again - they get done every couple of months as they are both indoor cats and this is what the vet recommended

Clyde I moved to a seperate room and treated first - he is 100% domesticated and is never a problem

Bonnie has been described as semi-feral by the vet (after she bit and scratched her and went mental in the treatment room......)

She was very timid when we got her at 8 months and we have no history on her - over the last year shen has become a lot more chilled and happy but treatment times always manage to freak us both out.

In the past I have managed to treat Bonnie when she was eating - but last couple of times she has become wise and today when I went to treat her she bolted (even though her favorite tuna was on the plate) She saw the syringe and that was it !

So I have one treated cat and one untreated - I am not sure whether to try again at the next meal time or leave it and see if the vet can prescribe some tablets that will do a flea + worm treatment

Or is there any other way I can get the drops onto her without undoing the last years work !

Any thoughts gratefully received 

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

OK so its that time when I have to treat my 2 furbabies again - they get done every couple of months as they are both indoor cats and this is what the vet recommended

Clyde I moved to a seperate room and treated first - he is 100% domesticated and is never a problem

Bonnie has been described as semi-feral by the vet (after she bit and scratched her and went mental in the treatment room......)

She was very timid when we got her at 8 months and we have no history on her - over the last year shen has become a lot more chilled and happy but treatment times always manage to freak us both out.

In the past I have managed to treat Bonnie when she was eating - but last couple of times she has become wise and today when I went to treat her she bolted (even though her favorite tuna was on the plate) She saw the syringe and that was it !

So I have one treated cat and one untreated - I am not sure whether to try again at the next meal time or leave it and see if the vet can prescribe some tablets that will do a flea + worm treatment

Or is there any other way I can get the drops onto her without undoing the last years work !

Any thoughts gratefully received 
Hi

Admittedly even indoor cats in some parts of the USA, especially in warmer months are still at risk for fleas, but unless you are in one of those areas my question is why are you de-worming and de-fleaing indoor cats?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zemari

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi

We are in the UK and it was what the vet recommended even though they are indoor cats - to be honest I never thought to question it !

Maybe I should !

Thank you

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Hi

We are in the UK and it was what the vet recommended even though they are indoor cats - to be honest I never thought to question it !

Maybe I should !

Thank you
Ok well adults don't need de-worming in my opinion if they are indoor cats, not eating mice and having normal stools.  Unless you live in the deep south of the USA where fleas are everywhere and its summer then i don't see any medical reason at all for doing flea treatments on indoor cats either.