British Or Not??? Someone Can Give Me A Clue... Thanks

tsrj1998

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello. I have my cat George for nearly 3 years. He was sold to me as a British Shorthair but I think he doesn’t look like one because his head is tinny and not chubby like the British that i see on internet. I love him so much and I really don’t care if is pure or not but I’m curious. Can someone who understands about British Shorthair give some clues? Thanks
Tania

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From that picture, he doesn't look much like a British Shorthair; I would guess blue domestic shorthair. He looks like a nice cat, though! Generally, British Shorthairs have a plush coat, round head with a short broad muzzle, round eyes, relatively small ears, relatively short legs and tail. Blue British Shorthairs are also usually a lot lighter in color than George is, and have orange to copper eye color. Were you given any papers with him?

nese

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I agree he doesn't look like BSH. BSH cats especially males have very broad cheeks and smaller ears than George. The distance btw ears also wider. His legs also seem longer comparing to a BSH cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tsrj1998

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
From that picture, he doesn't look much like a British Shorthair; I would guess blue domestic shorthair. He looks like a nice cat, though! Generally, British Shorthairs have a plush coat, round head with a short broad muzzle, round eyes, relatively small ears, relatively short legs and tail. Blue British Shorthairs are also usually a lot lighter in color than George is, and have orange to copper eye color. Were you given any papers with him?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tsrj1998

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for your help I don’t have any papers. You’re right, he doesn’t look like a British, it was just curiosity. He’s a great cat, wonderful temperament, i love him very much

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Temperament is most important for a cat, even for pedigrees with strict appearance rules, and it's great you love your guy whatever his heritage. He looks like a very cuddly blue domestic shorthair to me too, and being blue can take the name if Maltese cat too.
In terms of build he looks to have more Foreign in him and resembles a Russian Blue more than a British. He has a certain resemblance to Mouse in the picture you have shared . :D

sailor

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Doesn't look like a British Shorthair, but he is handsome, oh my goodness. <3

Summercats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Might be a British Shorthair cross, his coat looks like it may be plush, but hard to tell from the pic.
Very handsome guy.

Royalty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
B97F4D07-4D55-4876-9ADC-02964FEE8F5A.png
1CC45D98-9E21-4F1D-AF5C-10D446E66342.jpeg
Hello. I have my cat George for nearly 3 years. He was sold to me as a British Shorthair but I think he doesn’t look like one because his head is tinny and not chubby like the British that i see on internet. I love him so much and I really don’t care if is pure or not but I’m curious. Can someone who understands about British Shorthair give some clues? Thanks
Tania
I own two bsh males yours dosent look like a bsh but nevertheless he’s a lovely boy