Brillo’s Quinceanera

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In June my Brillo turned 15 and I had a quinceanera planned for her birthday weekend. However, that day came on the heels of the loss of her brother Ziggy and other household disasters, so I delayed it a few weeks. It was PERFECT last night!

Ten guests attended and once all had arrived, we took a few moments to remember Ziggy. I put his urn out and we played a memorial song. Brillo looked up at the urn and had several of us in tears. After that the party started.

We ate, had cocktails and talked, and all the while Brillo made the rounds for pets and loving. She was super social and was soaking up the attention. After a few minutes I slipped away and got her ready for photos.
D482BDD6-F96F-4621-938A-1E546B3F5DD6.jpeg

We took turns having photos done, and she was very tolerant. Here I am with my girl!
0E454C44-8B74-40DB-A73C-24DD63460E9D.jpeg

After photos we had cake, more talk, and then headed over to the Hello Kitty piñata filled with candy, little bottles of liquor and beauty products. That was fun and everyone got some loot.

The evening ended with a silent firework fountain. It was perfect. Just what we all needed after the hard year we have all had.
Thanks for reading!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Those pictures are just too adorable. I love her little dress and the fact that she seems perfectly happy wearing it. She very much has a little girl look even though she is older....my Chelsea looks that was despite her age and illness. The forever kitten and that is how Brillo looks to me. Many cats would be lucky to reach 15 much less to have an owner who gives them a celebration.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the sweet words. Yes, Brillo tolerated the dress well. Both she and her brother wear/wore little cotton t shirts in the winter as their coats are/were not full. I also let her practice wearing the dress a couple of times in the weeks leading up to the party. Since it was an outside party, I let her be naked again after about 20 minutes as it warm last night.
Brillo was a former show cat, so I think the attention and the posing were kind of old hat to her, even though she has been “just a pet” for 12 years now. I was given her by my neighbor when she was done with the show circuit.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I showed several of my friends who have cats the pic of Brillo in her dress and everyone thought that she was the cutest little girl ever. The cat themed decorations and cake are beautiful. She understands that is her cake although it looks like it was for the humans unless there is a cat treat someplace in it.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
What a truly wonderful and electrifying 15th birthday weekend for Brillo and you. :bday: I'm glad to hear that you also had the support of your friends for Ziggy's memorial. :touched:Everything from the piñata to firework fountain to Brillo's special cake were lovely. Thanks so much for sharing.🤗

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DaftCat75, your kitty is GORGEOUS! I think she was looking for the car keys!

Yes, next year is “Sweet 16.” As fun as the quince was...and all the planning and imagining was a real stress reliever...I don’t think I have another big cat party in me. A small family affair will have to suffice.

Glad my crazy party made you smile!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, you might want to do a Sweet 16 by next year. I also meant to say that you should put those pics of Brillo in her dress on greeting cards and sell them.