Breeze System

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I wanted to get a Tidy Cats Breeze system for my cats, and I ended up getting one for my 5 pound litter box trained Pap.
With a LOT of effort in her first year, she was dual trained to use a litter box, or outdoors (she knows what "go pee" means, so this is helpful.) Her puppy tray she was trained on was large enough, but there were two problems. She'd sometimes go #2 over the edge of the box, and when she got her adult coat, she would pee on her feathers if she was on a pee pad in the box.
I got her the breeze system and set it next to her puppy box, and put a pee pad in the new box like regular. Eventually, she used it. When she got comfortable with that, I started using pee pads cut in half for that familiar "foot feel." She's now using the box as it was meant to be used. The #2 over the edge was fixed immediately as the sides are so high, and her pee just goes right down the drainage holes. I'm very happy!
(I opted out of litter pellets for her because she will eat anything she can fit into her mouth!)
1665706762290.png

1665706786641.png

"You peed in my bathroom!"
"No, YOU peed in MY bathroom!"

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I can't comment on the Breeze system but your Papillon is absolutely gorgeous. What a stunning girl. :heartshape:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I can't comment on the Breeze system but your Papillon is absolutely gorgeous. What a stunning girl. :heartshape:
Aw, thanks! She's a hoot. I just lost my 13 year old, Tag, last month. He was absolutely adorable, too, but much bigger, and was my pride and joy. These dogs are SO much like little cats, I just love them.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I love the big blue ball in that tiny little mouth. I had a coworker who trained a min pin to use a doggy litter box; I think it was that old, first style which was essentially a litter box for dogs. It is a great idea to train a little dog to use a box. All of my dogs, including the really big boys, were trained to know that they could use pee pads in the house if they needed to.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I love the big blue ball in that tiny little mouth. I had a coworker who trained a min pin to use a doggy litter box; I think it was that old, first style which was essentially a litter box for dogs. It is a great idea to train a little dog to use a box. All of my dogs, including the really big boys, were trained to know that they could use pee pads in the house if they needed to.
My first dog I trained to only go outside, and he developed a bad heart. Taking him outside in the Ohio winters was terrifying, and one day he was coming inside during a cold snap, started screaming and passed out. He died 4 days later 😢 I wish I had just plunked him in a pen with pee pads or newspapers and waited him out...
It's a GREAT idea to teach a large dog to understand these things, you just never know what could happen with their health or mobility as they get older.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Livie is adorable- not sure if she realizes she's not a cat and the kitties certainly think she's an odd looking Feline but adore her none the less- I especially like when they watch her working,I'd not be surprised if they start barking one day!lol

You're doggie litter box is brilliant- does Livie ever go to the cat boxes or is that not appealing to her? And how about the kitties,any interest in Livies box?

I've always had very big dogs and really would not want that in the house but for little ones I think it's fabulous.....

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Livie is adorable- not sure if she realizes she's not a cat and the kitties certainly think she's an odd looking Feline but adore her none the less- I especially like when they watch her working,I'd not be surprised if they start barking one day!lol

You're doggie litter box is brilliant- does Livie ever go to the cat boxes or is that not appealing to her? And how about the kitties,any interest in Livies box?

I've always had very big dogs and really would not want that in the house but for little ones I think it's fabulous.....
It's been almost a year since I started training her onto this box, and she's 100% with it. She has never shown any interest in the cat's litter box, which is strange because she is into EVERYTHING.
Lila, my tortie, will occasionally use Livie's breeze box but only once in awhile. Lila has shown me that she does not like the sensation of litter between her toes, so I think she likes the "litter-less" box. It's fine with me!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been almost a year since I started training her onto this box, and she's 100% with it. She has never shown any interest in the cat's litter box, which is strange because she is into EVERYTHING.
Lila, my tortie, will occasionally use Livie's breeze box but only once in awhile. Lila has shown me that she does not like the sensation of litter between her toes, so I think she likes the "litter-less" box. It's fine with me!
Well Lila definitely thinks she's a dog,I see her eyeing up Livies ball and expect if she could just open her mouth wide enough ...!?lol

You've got the cutest little family of puppittys