Breeze System

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
Can those who use the Breeze system give me the pros and cons? I currently have my cats on pine pellet litter in a sifting litterbox. Is the Beeeze worth the extra money? Do you have any hacks to make the pads/pellets last longer?

I have three cats, so I can see all the pads adding up quickly.

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Kao Cat and Unicharm, which are similar in their function. If the Breeze Pellets are anything like the Unicharm pellets, you can wash them repeatedly until the antibacterial/waterproof coating completely washes away. I haven't had to buy litter in half a year now, at a guess. With pads, not much to be done, really. You can buy cheaper offbrand pads, but they tend to last less long. Alternatively, you can use pine pellet litter, wood clumping litter, or a few reusable fabric pee pads instead of the gelling ones sold with the system, but it does get a lot less convenient that way.

sophie1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love the Breeze system. Almost no tracking, easy maintenance, minimal litter costs if you use the Feline Pine pellets and Amazon Basics liners for the tray (just empty the sawdust daily).

Sadly, my cats did not love the pellets. They used it successfully for quite a while then started a kitty protest by occasionally pooping outside the box. I now use litters with smaller pellets (Okocat Long-hair or Weruva Tea Potty) and they are much happier.

btw if anyone lives in NYC, message me if you're interested in picking up, for free, a somewhat used Breeze box with a pile of pellets and pads.