Breeze Litter cleaning

mayabear

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have some questions for anyone else who uses the Breeze system...
I scoop the poop every day, as soon as I see it. How often should you clean out the whole box?
How long should a pad last? I know it says a week but what should the pad look like at the end of the week?
Do you scoop the pellets with urine?
Thank you!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
Hopefully the poster of this will have a chance to reply :)

Cataria

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I use the Breeze litter system for some of my litter boxes!

1. When to clean out the whole box -- I'm not sure, to be honest. I think about once a month is recommended. I tend to get little poop pieces that are too small too be picked up by the scoop, so when I see too many of those, that's when I take it as a sign I really need to replace the pellets.

2. How long should a pad last -- depends on how many cats you have. If you ever let the pad go too long you will definitely know when you look at it; the whole pad will be swelled and after you dump the pad out, the tray will be a little wet underneath. I would recommend changing the pad before it starts to swell.

3. I leave the wet pellets alone -- it's hard to scoop just the pellets anyway, and the clay pellets will eventually absorb what doesn't fall into the pad -- my understanding of what is happening, anyway.