breeding

Puffy Paws cattery

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello here. I'm new on this website. I need help with some questions. I'm breeder, i got my first litter. My dam and sire pure british shorthair with pedigree and registration. Litter are registered already. And now it is time to go to their new home, my question is do i need to give people litter certificate and breeder slip? Or just litter certificate? thank you for answers.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Which association are your cats registered in? Different associations have slightly different rules.

[Edited to remove the other Puffy Paws instagram link since it's not the same cattery.]

Last edited:

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, it's been a while since I registered anything in TICA, but I assume you just give them the breeder slip, also known as the "blue slip." They shouldn't need the litter registration certificate. I believe the breeder slip has a number on it that they can use to individually register the kitten online?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Puffy Paws cattery

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much for help, it is hard to find answers, I'm glad I was find this website

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Puffy Paws cattery

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also, people can't find my cattery on TICA, this is because I am not paying for membership right?

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In order to have a TICA online breeder listing, I believe you first must sign up as a TICA member, then fill out this additional form and pay a listing fee:

Do you have a breeding mentor that is helping with the other questions you might have about placing kittens in homes for the first time? For example has your mentor already helped you with:
- selecting homes for kittens
- contract of sale / health guarantee
- minimum age to release kittens to their new homes
- vaccinations and kitten vet visits
- spaying / neutering
etc.?