Breeding Problems

Sandy52

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there ,
I have a question that I am hoping some experienced breeders may be able to help me with before I start I want to state that we are registered breeders and carefully plan matings .
We have a new imported stud boy and he is about 20 months old and he is not performing as he should be is there such a thing as a lazy stud ? He has never been mated before we got him , I have never had this happen before
He has been to vets for a check up and is in great condition they can’t find any problems I am not sure if it is just a waiting game I am wanting some advice before we go down the course of our vets collecting semeen from him
And testing that I will be speaking with vets again next week to come up with a plan.
We have tried two separate girls with him they have both had previous litters so are experienced however one of them
I have not noticed activiley calling but she has been in with him for three months, my other girl has been with him and has been calling he does show a bit of interest and mounts her but does not seem to have a susccesfull mating I have not witnessed one at this point
Any help would be aprreciated.
Thanks in advance

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi Sandy52 :wave3:

What breed are your cats ? I only ask this as some larger breeds tend to be late starters. Maine coons are one example. A breeder friend of mine once brought a Maine coon stud, who didn't get interested in any girls till he was way over 2 years old.