Breed of my cat

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would say some possible ancestry to a Bengal there. For sure a lookalike. Without papers he would be considered a domestic short hair. Beautiful cat regardless!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kingcocoa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would say some possible ancestry to a Bengal there. For sure a lookalike. Without papers he would be considered a domestic short hair. Beautiful cat regardless!
Yup! I've been telling vet and insurance company that he's domestic short-hair.
I will love him no matter what.
But wanted to ...see if thats why he has crazy energy
Thanks for the reply

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No problem. Savannah's and Bengals are known to be high energy so who knows. If he's a kitten it could just be kitten energy. I don't know how cat insurance works but if a thorough bred is higher to insure, they can't classify him a purebred without papers. How did you come across him? Was he a rescue? He looks happy and relaxed in those pics!

Kingcocoa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No problem. Savannah's and Bengals are known to be high energy so who knows. If he's a kitten it could just be kitten energy. I don't know how cat insurance works but if a thorough bred is higher to insure, they can't classify him a purebred without papers. How did you come across him? Was he a rescue? He looks happy and relaxed in those pics!
Friend's neightbour said stray cat she gives food once in a while had babies.
He's 1.5 years old now

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think his coloring would be called a brown classic tabby which is not uncommon in the domestic population but, with his head shape and body along with the coloration he does look alot like a Bengal. Welcome to the site by the way! It's a great place for cat info!

Kingcocoa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think his coloring would be called a brown classic tabby which is not uncommon in the domestic population but, with his head shape and body along with the coloration he does look alot like a Bengal. Welcome to the site by the way! It's a great place for cat info!
Thank you! Lots of info especially about raw cat food which I want to try when I have room some day.

Attachments

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Looks like a classic tabby DSH to me, I don't see any Bengal traits in that cat. People are often misled by marbled pattern because they see Bengals in that pattern also but it's been around in cats thousands of years before Bengals were ever a thing and is common in domestics and many breeds alike.

Kingcocoa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Looks like a classic tabby DSH to me, I don't see any Bengal traits in that cat. People are often misled by marbled pattern because they see Bengals in that pattern also but it's been around in cats thousands of years before Bengals were ever a thing and is common in domestics and many breeds alike.
It confused me too! Classic tabby is okay too :D