Breed Of Cat From Brazil?

ehartka

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I live in Maryland, US. I have inherited, through an interesting chain of events, a cat that was brought here from Brazil. When found in Brazil he was a stray street cat that someone took in, and now he's mine! I love him to bits, his name is Reginald. So what breed? He doesn't look like any domestic shorthair I have ever seen - he is jet black except for his eyes, nails, and inside of his mouth. I would say that he is medium hair - it is longer than my other shorthairs but certainly not long. He is VERY long, thin and lanky, and he is insanely acrobatic. He is about 3 years old. His eyes are in-between green and yellow, and he has a cataract in one eye. His tail is very thin, and when he stands up on his hind legs his front paws reach the top of my recliner - above my hip and I am 5'6. I am very interested to know what type of breed he may be. I have not learned portugese yet so I cannot ask him - but his english is getting better :-)

Attachments

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If his tail is very thin, then he would be a black domestic shorthair. What an expression!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I would also describe him as a black Domestic Shorthair. He’s very handsome!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would agree that you have a lovely solid black domestic shorthair!

It is possible that he may have some Siamese/Oriental ancestry, as you describe him as being extremely long, thin and lanky, and in his picture he appears to have a triangular face and wide-set ears. However, most cats do not have any particular breed ancestry.

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How could he be a Domestic Shorthair? He's from Brazil.:lol: