Breakfast?

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't usually eat breakfast, but when I used to have to get up at a decent hour I would stop and get a candy bar (usually a snickers or little debbie brownie) on my way to work/school.. Now I just wait til lunch..

My favorite breakfast food tho, which i get maybe once a month at best, is the McDonald's breakfast burrito with hot sauce.. I used to be a coffee fanatic but I'm trying to nix sugar from my diet and haven't gotten around to trying splenda yet..

Today I'm cookin ham n eggs but only because bf doesn't work til noon so I'm really making it for his benefit..

Oh and I almost forgot, I *love* dippy eggs
I'd probably rather eat a dippy egg (yellow part only) with two slices of well buttered toast than just about anything else..

I only eat cereal at night after dinner. I don't know why

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In Germany they have a cup coffe or tee , mostly coffe . Then they usually eat piece of breat or roll , with butter on top and some lunch meet or some eat butter and jam on top . On the weekends we eat a egg ot 2 with our breakfast and cheese . That's how I grew up with . Now this days I just have my cup coffe and maybe later on some bread with somthing sweet on it like Nutella , that is a Hasselnut chocolate spread

rock&fluff'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we eat cereal, poptarts, toast, or sometimes I will cook up some pan cakes, biscuits & gravy, with scrambled eggs...every once in a while I fix up some oatmeal, grits, or cream of wheat too...we have a big variey to chose from so there is always something to eat here..

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Nutella.... yummy - anytime of the day! Don't they have Nutella in the US? So much better than peanut butter

Can you please elaborate on the biscuits and gravy thing? I always thought biscuits were sweet pastry - sounds yucky with gravy... I assume you all mean somehting else.

nora

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I can't eat right away in the morning, so during the weekdays I eat a pastry, muffin or roll of some kind. I go out every Saturday for breakfast with my friend and I will usually order french toast or an ham/cheese omelett. On Sundays for breakfast one or two ladies of our church is assigned to make some kind of bake goods, so I usually wait until I get to church to have my coffee and breakfast.

nora

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Nutella is a choclate/hazelnut spread that you can put on toast or bagels. It is very rich and quite tastey. You can probably find it in your grocery store.

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Barbacoa is actually a method of cooking. We use it here in SD and Baja a lot. It's a way to make tougher meat melt in your mouth.

Never had it for breakfast though.

I like Carne Asada burritos for breakfast, but I don't get them that often.

luv those paws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Nutella is wonderful
. I became familiar with it when I traveled through Europe, but to my surprise we do have it here in the states, it was just something I never noticed before.

My breakfast is whatever the cafe in my building is serving that day, it can range from a breakfast sandwich (egg, bacon, and cheese on a bagel) to a danish or muffin. Or, I don't eat at all. Breakfast may be the most important meal of the day, but I find it the easiest to skip.

Back to my travels, when I was abroad, I think the foods that I found most different were the boiled tomatoes, and the beans (kinda like the pork and beans variety) that were served at breakfast time. That was just something I had never heard of for breakfast, but when in Rome!

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anne, oh no, biscuits for biscuits and gravy are not sweet, not at all. They're usually buttery and slightly salty. We eat garlic/cheese biscuits at my house, but if we want breakfast biscuits we'll have cinnamon biscuits, and with Cajun food we eat honey biscuits (those are sweet too).

For biscuits and gravy we add no flavoring.

nora

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Biscuits and gravy is a Southern State thing in the USA and I just could not even force myself to try them (talk about clogged arteries). The gravy is made from the grease and drippings after frying breakfast sausage.

They serve those biscuits with every meal you get in the South, along with hush puppies. My dad has a house in Tennesse and I could not get away from those biscuits! As you can tell, I'm not a great fan of biscuits.

uabassoon

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Barbacoa is actually a method of cooking. We use it here in SD and Baja a lot. It's a way to make tougher meat melt in your mouth.Never had it for breakfast though.
TTMom, in Mexico it's a traditional Sunday breakfast. Where I grew (a u.s. border town) You see signs all over the place saying that on Sunday's they have barbacoa. A few weeks ago on the Food Channel they actually did a special on it and showed some of the best places in the U.S. to eat it. My favorite restraunt made the list. Now it's mostly made by leaving it in an oven overnight. But my family is kind of traditional and old fashions so it sits on hot coals all night in an underground pitt.

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can buy Nutella at Super Wal Mart , it is next to the Peanut Butter , it should be in the same area . Well at least here in Ga. it is . I get it cheaper in the Commissary on base . You all make me very hungry now and I am so sick to my stomach , I got the flue eww .

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
re: Barbacoa

Funny how things are different in different places. Here in SD and Baja we eat it for dinner or supper. It is made of lots of weird cuts of meat, though. Hey! Maybe us Californians (Southern and Baja) are just a bunch of nuts? LOL!

tamme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
coffee or tea, depending on how I feel, and toast. yumm.

My fav is Tim Horton's coffee and cinnamin and raisin bagel toasted with plain cream cheese.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Coffee first and foremost. I don't usually eat breakfast but I like pancakes and waffles. Also like Oatmeal or lumpy cream of wheat and toast.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kateang

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wow!! that's so much of different breakfast out there!! you know guys, a lot of kids here grew up with nutella and stuff like that.. it's funny that some places do not have it.

guess what guys.. two days since hissy posted about the bagel and cheese..i still haven't gotten my bagel and i'm still craving for it...

jellybelly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kateang, just camp outside starbucks so that you're the first to get the bagel

ummm, coffee first and foremost. I love nutella but we buy it as a treat since we can eat the jar in one day. If I'm in a cooking mood, we'll make a fritta minus cheese, just potatoes, bellpeppers, carrots, broccoli and scramble/fry in olive oil, cook eggs and eat with toast. Sometimes I make pancakes, or just have a bowl of Frosted Flakes because they're GRRREAt!

My hubby being from Bangladesh, we sometimes buy the parotha bread from the indian stores and fry an egg with peppers and onions, you can seriously gain weight from this parotha. As a trat we'll eat it with sugar.

My mom-inlaw came to visit, she saw me eating rice krispies and laughed so hard that she almost spit up. She said that cereal isn't breakfast, they eat the paratha, meat cooked in spices, fried fish (not fried like our way), and some fried veggies. No wonder they're diabetic! But it is tasty, different change.