Bread machine recipe

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I need help. It seems like I might be asking for too much, but do any of you who have/use a bread machine have a nice recipe for a plain simple white bread? I've tried several and the bread is either too sweet, to "yeasty" or too dense. I just want a white bread to make to make sandwiches. Do you pre soak the yeast in warm water to "activate" it early for better rising? Have you cut back on sugar so it's not too sweet? Is there a trick so that it's not too dense? I'm at a loss....
My bread machine is a Black and Decker like this one.
1581193518859.png

I'm hoping for a 2 lbs loaf recipe, if you have one. The bread comes out in a "normal" loaf and not "tall" like other bread machines if that makes a difference...

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I’ve got to dig out a cookbook. There’s an easy recipe for french bread that may work for you.

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I need help. It seems like I might be asking for too much, but do any of you who have/use a bread machine have a nice recipe for a plain simple white bread? I've tried several and the bread is either too sweet, to "yeasty" or too dense. I just want a white bread to make to make sandwiches. Do you pre soak the yeast in warm water to "activate" it early for better rising? Have you cut back on sugar so it's not too sweet? Is there a trick so that it's not too dense? I'm at a loss....
My bread machine is a Black and Decker like this one.
View attachment 321593
I'm hoping for a 2 lbs loaf recipe, if you have one. The bread comes out in a "normal" loaf and not "tall" like other bread machines if that makes a difference...
Yep ! I got a recipe!
The only recipe my brother will eat .

I'll have to type it by hand , cause i don't have a link!

2 eggs
300 ml of milk
6 tablespoons of oil
450 g White bread flour
2 tsp of yeast ( Quick yeast)
2 tbsp of sugar
1tsp of salt

You just beat the eggs , add in the milk and oil , pour it into the bread maker , then put the flour on top and add the salt and sugar .
Then you put the yeast on top , you don't want it to touch the wet ingrediants . Then you just put it on whatever setting , idk anything about settings!

• Purraise
Reactions: Jem
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone...and by all means, keep the recipes coming...:thumbsup:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Jem Jem Now that you probably can't get any ingredients due to hoarders..... :rolleyes2:

IMG_1531.JPG

IMG_1530.JPG

You put this in the bread pan in layers, starting with water and ending with the yeast. It's crusty the first day, but after that it's not as crusty, which is probably what you are looking for. There's a recipe for white bread in the book as well if you want it, but it has a lot more ingredients.

It's from the book "Electric Bread"

• Purraise
Reactions: Jem