Brandy Update: happy pics, and what the vet said.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How about handfeeding her some softer treats? I know there are some brands like Wellness have treats that are not biscuits but kinda like...soft jerky? I don't know what I'm saying. Try this link. Also, maybe if you let her take the treat from your hand, it would be easier for her to keep in her mouth rather than having to pick it up from the floor?

Many vibes for your darling little girl

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BabyWukong

How about handfeeding her some softer treats? I know there are some brands like Wellness have treats that are not biscuits but kinda like...soft jerky? I don't know what I'm saying. Also, maybe if you let her take the treat from your hand, it would be easier for her to keep in her mouth rather than having to pick it up from the floor?

Many vibes for your darling little girl
She does take it from my hand. But yes, soft treats are better

Right now tho, the only way I can tell if the meds are helping is by offering her something I know causes her some discomfort... I hope that makes sense... if I don't give them to her, I don't know if the meds are helping or just ruining her stomach and if I should try her on different meds. Those treats I only give her for that purpose... the rest of the time, her treat is wet dogfood and table scraps (she's been getting ALOT more of those lately).

She scared me last night after I posted.... she yelped for no apparant reason. That's the first time I've heard her make a "pain" noise (aside from in the past if she got her toes stepped on or something accidently). All I could think of was she was sleeping, and stretched, ending up hitting her bump on the doorframe... I dunno.

Today's been rough in the sense, she's panting heavily...it was warm here today so I only let her outside long enough to do her duty, then back in....

We'll see, but, I'm going to finish this round of meds, and ask for pain meds if there's no improvement after being on them 2wks.

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh honey I hope Brandi will start to respond to the meds soon! I do know what you are going through my oldest Tyler is fighting a tumor also, he still has a appetite and does not seem to be in any pain, thank god! He is the best dog, had a pretty rough life before he came to live with us, I just tell myself I have done everything to give him the best life possible. I hope I will know when it is time to let him go. for you, Brandi, and your family.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Small update:

We switched meds.... instead of the anti inflammatory, she is now on pain meds. The NSAID was doing nothing for her.

Now to get her through the hot weather.

She is doing ok though.... tumor has gotten bigger, but we're doing what we can for pain relief. She's still eating well, so that is a good thing.

I just got the pain meds today (when I was there with the cats) so we'll see if there's any difference in a couple days.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How is Brandy doing on the pain meds Chris? I've noticed that those kick in really quick once you start giving them to them.

Sending continued vibes for Brandy!!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

How is Brandy doing on the pain meds Chris? I've noticed that those kick in really quick once you start giving them to them.

Sending continued vibes for Brandy!!
She isn't at the full dose yet, 1 every 12hrs to start, she's had one a day for the last 2 days.... But even just with that, I've noticed some change

She has a little more bounce in her step, and wag in her tail. I can notice the difference, its not big, but its there...

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope the pain meds do help her. She looks so sweet and happy in those pictures

Sending you both mega vibes and love