Brands with a wider variety of meats

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I switch what I feed Boone and Gracie monthly normally. One month it's Blue Buffalo. The next month it's Wellness. November is going to be Whole Earth Farms. I am wondering if there certain brands that has a variety of meats so I can just switch what meats they get instead of buying a different brand of cat food each time. What are some brands that offer variety like chicken, turkey, duck, rabbit, etc? Are there even brands that offer that much variety and are good quality? Any insight would be appreciated.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rawz. It's spendy but you can't beat the recipes for how clean they are. The rabbit only contains rabbit. No other proteins. The turkey doesn't include any chicken. The only exception is the duck contains salmon oil. This isn't a problem from an allergy standpoint. But it's odd that this one flavor out of all the others should have salmon oil added to it.

100% Rendered Free Cat Food | RAWZ

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Rawz. It's spendy but you can't beat the recipes for how clean they are. The rabbit only contains rabbit. No other proteins. The turkey doesn't include any chicken. The only exception is the duck contains salmon oil. This isn't a problem from an allergy standpoint. But it's odd that this one flavor out of all the others should have salmon oil added to it.

100% Rendered Free Cat Food | RAWZ
Rabbit is the only one she will not eat. She has never liked salmon oil. Makes it easier to use the food timer for my other cat. She also hates ff. Too fishy

If you use hounds and gato rotate with tiki. H&g is high fat low protein. Tiki high protein low fat
Tiki has chicken quail egg

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rabbit is the only one she will not eat. She has never liked salmon oil. Makes it easier to use the food timer for my other cat. She also hates ff. Too fishy

If you use hounds and gato rotate with tiki. H&g is high fat low protein. Tiki high protein low fat
Tiki has chicken quail egg
I am looking for high protein low fat foods. Boone is already a big boy at 7 months and 10+ pounds so the less fat is a plus. But Gracie could use some fat in her diet because she is a skinny mini.

Sylvia Jones

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It is pricey But you feed less of it. My boys eat the dry mostly That is why I first tried Dr Elseys It seems to be one of the best dry foods out there Mine absolutely love it and because it take less to fill them up the cost isn’t as bad as it originally looks

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is pricey But you feed less of it. My boys eat the dry mostly That is why I first tried Dr Elseys It seems to be one of the best dry foods out there Mine absolutely love it and because it take less to fill them up the cost isn’t as bad as it originally looks
Ok. That is a good point. I would like to find something more hearty for Boone to eat since he tends to power through dry food now which I know isn't good for him (or his waistline). Is Dr Elsey an "all life stages " food or would I have to wait until March when Boone and Gracie turn one?

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I put Dr Elsey's dry food in my next Chewy autoship for late November. The wet food variety pack was out of stock. Hopefully it will be back in stock by next month or I will just go with different brand(s) of wet food. I usually get two flavors for variety.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It does say all life cycles I hope it works for you I am very happy with it
Yep, saw that after posting the question. Can't find the wet variety pack anywhere (Chewy/Amazon) but asked for a notification when it becomes available. Things will be so much easier come March 2021 when they turn 1. I plan on giving them Tiki Cat After Dark wet food as they have tons of variety of meats. If things go well on Dr Elsey dry food, I'll stick with that as I love that it helps to stop male cats form crystals. Our last male kept making crystals until we finally opted for the surgery to reroute his pipes so he got a girl pee hole. Poor guy even lost his nut sack in the surgery. :lol:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Slow day at work with boss gone means I can surf the net for variety packs suitable for kittens/all life stages. Had to dig into the "question and answers" part of some brands on Chewy to see if some were ok as all/most appear "adult" only. I did find three variety packs that say they are safe for Boone and Gracie.

Blue Buffalo- Blue Buffalo Wilderness Pate Variety Pack Duck, Chicken & Salmon Grain-Free Cat Canned Food, 3-oz, case of 12 - Chewy.com

Instinct- Instinct Original Grain-Free Pate Recipe Variety Pack Wet Canned Cat Food, 3-oz, case of 12 - Chewy.com

Tiny Tiger- Tiny Tiger Pate Beef & Poultry Recipes Variety Pack Grain-Free Canned Cat Food, 3-oz, case of 24 - Chewy.com

At least I have options starting late November. :woo:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ended up going with Tiki Cat, Instinct, and Tiny Tiger. Boone and Gracie are really liking the Tiki Cat and Tiny Tiger. Also got some Dr Elsey dry food which they are also liking. I will stick with the Dr Elsey dry and keep switching the wet foods monthly.