Boys And Girls

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think this might've been done, but it's been at least a year. I'm curious as to how many boy cats and girl cats everyone has had in their lives. Any preference?

Boys-Pepper, Lucky, Peanut, Beau, Charlie
Girls-Sophie, Belle, Selene

I've never had a gender preference. My cats have tended to just appear in my life anyway :lol:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats:
Bourbon - Girl
Graham - Girl (initially thought she was a he :D )
Barley - Boy
Pepsi - Boy

Much as I wanted only boys, I cannot say NO when they turn up my door. LOL.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had too many to count but think there were probably more boys. Boys seem to wander more and get lost, or when unneutered are out looking to mate. I have had several pregnant females dumped, there are a lot of heartless people out there.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just counting the cats I have had in my adult life, I have had 9 boys and 5 girls.
My gut reaction to preference was boy, but after I thought about it, I can't say why. I definitely don't love my girls any less. Perhaps because one of my boys, Shady, was my soulmate kitty. Or maybe because when introducing a new member to the crew, the boys have always been more laid back and accepting of the newcomer. I think ultimately, individual personality outweighs gender.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
We seem to lean toward females although it wasn’t a conscious decision. Our cats just...happen. :)

Mine
Girls: Sara, Brandy, Teddy Bear, Mayflower, Lily, Iris, Mocha
Boy: Max

Family/Parents
Girls: Emily, Snippet
Boy: Elvis Presley
Unknown: Fooey (I was too young to pay attention)

will2002

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We're not that much different than most other folks that posted above. We have had more cats than we can remember in the past, and have happily taken in whatever showed up at any time, male or female.

I have had several very special boy cats through the years. Some would follow me around while I was doing farm work. Had one old tomcat that loved to ride in the tractors and combines with me. He would just find a place "out of the way", and sleep.

We've had many sweet lady kitties as well. The females seem to be able to steal my old tough heart for some reason. Some of them are just so sweet! As a matter of fact, I have three girls, and one old gentleman cat, sleeping around me right now...life IS good!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I counted 16 cats but think I may have left someone out since there have been so many rescues. Of the 16, 10 were boys and 6 were girls.

I think ultimately, individual personality outweighs gender.
:yeah: I couldn't agree more!

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think everyone has that one special cat that might make you prefer one gender over the other. For me, it was the first cat that was truly mine, as opposed to a household pet. That was Frisky, the girl cat I rescued when I was 13. She was only 5 weeks old when she came into my life and I raised her over the summer so we had an incredible bond.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boys: Fritz :angel3:, Toby :angel3:, Chewy :angel3:, Hank :angel3:, Bynx and Chester.
Girls: Lily.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Males: whiskey, gogo, skitter, tiger, arnold, greg.

Females: jennifer, moto, whitney.

I think the males have been more likely to hunt and wander.

Loved them all. No preference.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I've had four of each. I don't have a preference at all and like many others, I haven't really chosen my cats, anyway. They have sort of chosen us. :)

Sonatine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've only had the two girls I have now, Amelia and Mischief. When I got Amelia, I wanted a female, but when I got a second cat I was fine with either sex, though I had a feeling I'd end up with a female.

When I was a kid, though, my neighbors had outdoor cats that I was friends with. They weren't my cats per say, but I think they liked me better than their own humans because I adored them and lavished them with attention whenever I was outside. In total, there were four males and two females in my cat posse.

All told, I don't really have a preference based on sex.

Wolfwhisper

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Girl: Gatita, Milky
Boys: Captain Pan, Shadow, Tiger, and my current cat Panther.

The sweetest ones were probably Gatita, Milky, Captain Pan (Although I don't remember much about him), and my cat Panther (He is the sweetest <3)

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Boys :Leo, Ginger, Oatis, Trusty, Blacky, Atlas. (all the boys liked to wander) All of them were strays except Oatis.

Girls : Mother Cat (stray cat, came to our yard 19 years ago to have her kittens) she stayed for ever. She only left the house yard perimter when she got chased by my sisters kids, she ran across the street to the neighbours front house waited till they were gone and came straight back. She never roamed outside the front yard for some reason, she would protect the house from other neighbour hood cats, and if she liked them she would let them stay, that is when Leo came along and then Atlas joined the team.

I dont have them anymore. I dont have any preference. But Mother Cat things were done on her own terms :) Pats, lap sits etc were done when she wanted too (but i would try to give her more affection than she wanted heheheh. With the boys they were all wanderers but they were very sooky and needed the affection most.

Last edited: