bowel movements

woozles98

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry, I didn't know what else to call this....my kitty has poo hanging from his anus. It appears that he ate a piece of string...(which is hanging from his rectum) but looks like its still inside.....Help quick! What do I do. I tried wiping it off......but it hasn't come off yet. ICK

donna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Woozles,

Do not pull the string! If the string is long (12 inches or more) cut it down so she won't get it caught on anything. If it is wrapped up in her intestines it could rupture them and kill her! You need to get her to the vet ASAP. And don't panic. If you're stressed, your cat can sense it and also become stressed. I had that happen to my cat two weeks ago. She was rubbing her butt on the carpet. She ate thread and had it coming out her butt. I IMMEDIATELY called the vet and he said to bring her right away. He pulled it out and then prescribed an antibiotic and Albon to make sure if she had any thread left in her it would help her poop it out. She's been fine and no other thread came out. Good luck and let me know how you make out.

[Edited by donna on 02-28-2001 at 08:29 PM]

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Yeah, do let us know how's she's doing.

BTW, I'm moving this to the health forum.