bottle fed baby

lottley1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I wasn't sure which thread to put this under, ha. My situation...I rescued a kitten. She was bottle fed. She's 11 weeks old now and though she eats regular cat food dry and wet, along with water and treats, I still give her half a bottle a day. She loves this and SO DO I! I only give her half a day one time in the morning with me as I drink my coffee. We both love this so much and it is kitten milk. My question is, is this okay? It does not affect her appetite. But, is kitten milk okay and still healthy for her? We both just don't want to give it up ha.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
KMR is suitable for cats of all ages, especially nursing mothers. As long as she's eating other quality food, why not one bottle feeding a day?

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am fairly certain it will do her no harm at all. She is so lucky to have you. Bottle-fed kittens take longer to wean completely than kittens with a healthy mother. Some say they will also grow up differently - but if you are both happy with the situation and you are intending to keep her anyway, then continue to give her kitten milk as long as she enjoys it. 4 orphaned kittens I was fostering became addicted to a syringe. I had to give them medication (mixed with gravy) and they lined up to get their dose. I had to be very careful not to give a pushy cat two doses! :) Only one of the 4 had been bottle-fed but the others soon caught on. Jut open your mouth and something tasty comes in!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No problem, it depends just only what you mean by kitten milk. If you mean, such a low lactse whiskas "kitten milk". it wont harm, but its much cheaper and really better, with goats milk. :)

Ps. making your own question in this forum is just perfect to do.