Both Cats Losing Weight on Raw Diet

autz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've been feeding both my cats Primal Raw food for 4 years now with no problem. Recently I noticed both of my cats are steadily losing weight (3/4 a .lb each in a few weeks). I haven't changed their food (they currently get 230 calories a day). They are finishing their food, not throwing up or having diarrhea. The only thing I've notices is that they are sneezing more lately.Has this happened to anyone before? I thought at first that they were sick (hypothyroidism) but feel like the chances are low that they would get it at the exact same time. Since they are both losing weight I'm thinking it's the food.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!!
Do they have a wellness check coming up soon?
I agree, the food seems suspect. Do you have other options for feeding them so the weight loss doesn't continue?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

autz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They have their yearly in a few months, but I will take them earlier if they keep losing weight. I suspect worms too since they had fleas, The vet gave me some de-wormer. Going to add more food of a different brand and see if that helps too. Thanks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

autz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Let us know how things turn out :heartshape:
I started feeding them more food of a different brand an extra 30 calories a day. They are now up to 268k/cals a day. Way above what I see recommended online. They have gained .2 of a lb. but are still not back to what they were before they started losing weight. Now that I know the extra food isn't helping as much as I was hoping, I will deworm tomorrow and update again next week. Thanks for checking.