Botched Neuter?

Gr8fulcatlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hi, something does not look right. I just got two males neutered and brought them home. I had to run out and did not get a chance to see the insicions. When I got home about an hour later both of them tried just moving on and off the bed still wobbly from anesthesia.

My orange cat looks like he was mutalated. Like they chopped a part of his body off and let me take him home. It is bloody, but not bleeding and looks unlike any newly neutered male I have seen.

My last experience with neutering had the vet make an incision away from the scrotum and just give a little snip. One tiny stitch and that was all. The other males looks okay but swollen.

?????

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gr8fulcatlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think he may have opened up the wound!!!! What do I do?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What color are the other cats? I ask because it always looks so much worse on light-colored cats! And if the others are dark maybe it's hard to compare.

It's not an emergency if he opened it up. Males don't have anything that could fall out or cause a lot of damage, as long as it isn't bleeding uncontrollably. Call the vet tomorrow, maybe send them a picture if possible, see what they say about it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gr8fulcatlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think you are right. The other cat is gray and doesn’t look as raw, but he seems really calm and normal. Ripple on the other hand looks frantic and is not himself. I took another look and it’s not as horrifying as I though upon first encounter. I will call the vet in the morning and good to know he is safe. I hope he relaxes, he seems freaked out. I’d just feel bad if it were to cause a cosmetic issue for him in the future. Thanks again.