Born with no tail. Is she a Manx??

ivanamustang91

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I got my kitten at the time off of someone I knew and she was born with no tail. She's quite the character lol. Doesn't like attention, doesn't like to be loved on or petted, doesn't like to cuddle, she will love bite you, doesn't meow unless she's hungry, she has so much energy she will run all over our apartment, she always checks on me when I take a bath or shower like she's worried, doesn't bother our 4 month old. She was also the runt. I'm just curious what kind of breed she is!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ivanamustang91

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She looks like quite the character! I like her little face splotches. :) As for breed, I think she's a domestic short hair, rather than an official Manx cat. The tailless gene can just pop up from time to time.

haleyds

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Domestic short hair-bob tail as I call them :) If you haven't already, I would have her checked for spina bifida. I adopted a bobtail nearly a year ago; which was the reason I joined this site, and she ended up having it. It's hereditary and easily managed and of course not all bob tails have it, but nearly all cats with it are bobtail. If you've already had her at the vet then her standoffish personality may just come from being a kitten, cats take time to warm up and become cuddly :)