Books about cats

Meekie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like:
Cat vs.Cat
How was that? It was recommended to me by someone but there were a lot of bad reviews on Amazon. I know I shouldn't necessarily listen to them, but I have to be careful where I spend my money.

"Outwitting Cats" by Wendy Christensen was pretty good.

Many years ago I got an anthology of short stories about cats called "The Company of Cats" (edited by Michael J. Rosen). But in the first two stories I read (I picked them randomly), the cat died at the end. That's not exactly my idea of relaxing entertainment. To be fair, I have dared to read a couple of other stories in that book over the years and they weren't bad. Is it just me or does it seem that literature about cats are disproportionately tragic?

My favorite cat book has to be "Ernie (a Photographer's Memoir)" by Tony Mendoza. It's just a picture book of his girlfriend's cat but what a cat! You can really get a sense of his great personality. Click here for a peek Ernie: A Photographer's Memoir, Cat Photographs at that face!

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Dewie: The Library Cat (Dewie's Life story told by the MO librarian who cared for him.) Very sweet and touching story about a cat who loved everyone who visited "his" Library. Where he lived for 20 years.

Julia's Cats: Julia Child's Life in the Company of Cats. This book covers Julia Child's love for cats and it starts with her early days when living in Paris, attending Chef school, and writing her infamous book "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" The book follows Julia's deep bond with all the cats who came into her life--right up into her final years.

I enjoyed both of these books. 🙂

EDIT: Oops, you meant Cat Guide Book. I am into Jackson Galaxy (The Cat Daddy.) Her are a few I read and found helpful. 🙂
Cat Daddy: What the World's Most Incorrigible Cat Taught Me About Life, Love, and Coming Clean

Total Cat Mojo:The Ultimate Guide to Life with your Cat

Last edited:

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
Dewie: The Library Cat (Dewie's Life story told by the MO librarian who cared for him.) Very sweet and touching story about a cat who loved everyone who visited "his" Library. Where he lived for 20 years.

Julia's Cats: Julia Child's Life in the Company of Cats. This book covers Julia Child's love for cats and it starts with her early days when living in Paris, attending Chef school, and writing her infamous book "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" The book follows Julia's deep bond with all the cats who came into her life--right up into her final years.

I enjoyed both of these books. 🙂

EDIT: Oops, you meant Cat Guide Book. I am into Jackson Galaxy (The Cat Daddy.) Her are a few I read and found helpful. 🙂
Cat Daddy: What the World's Most Incorrigible Cat Taught Me About Life, Love, and Coming Clean

Total Cat Mojo:The Ultimate Guide to Life with your Cat
i love jackson galaxy too and should get his books

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
I liked Lion in the Living Room. It’s less instructional about owning a cat and more understanding how their evolution informs their actions.