Book Of The Month Club - October 2019

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've been listening to it as a book on tape (how I do a lot of books lately since I listen when driving and at the gym). Probably be done in the next day or two, ahead of schedule but at least it will be finished within October... Right? :think:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've been listening to it as a book on tape (how I do a lot of books lately since I listen when driving and at the gym). Probably be done in the next day or two, ahead of schedule but at least it will be finished within October... Right? :think:
I think I've only ever listened to a book once, and that was when I was on a long train trip. I found it hard to concentrate to the audio, and prefer reading. My library does offer audio books though, so maybe I should try listening to a book again some time.

As for this book, I'm getting close to the end too (my library loan expires in 6 days), so like you, some of it will be read in October.

Oh no!!! It is October! I have not finished my last book...sigh...

Gotta get some reading in this week!!
Yes, folks, it's October!

So if you haven't already started reading our October Book of the Month, it's time! :read: (or in artiemom artiemom 's case, it's time to finish your current book, so you can start our book club read)

And just a reminder for anyone considering joining, or wondering about this whole Book Club thing.

We plan to read a book each month.

The chosen book will be announced within the first week of the previous month (i.e. November book announced at the beginning of October) thus giving plenty of time for interested parties to obtain a copy.

Book to be read within 1st to 21st of the month, and discussion from 22nd to 28th of the month.

This month's book is All She Ever Wanted by Lynn Austin

Happy Reading !!! :read:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
The book for November is Watch Me Disappear by Janelle Brown.
This is an amazing book that will have you guessing till the very last page.
We'll be discussing it around the 22 to 28 of November.

EDIT: Because the book was written in 2017, it should be easy to get
in hard copy form or as an EBook.

Last edited:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Done on October 1st, that counts as October read. Right? I'm counting it. :insertevillaugh:

No discussing until the 22nd to avoid spoilers is going to be a little harder. Back fired to start it early to make sure I finished it. :doh2: Sometimes book on tapes take a while to get through. It depends on traffic (my commute can vary from 30-60 minutes, sometimes up to three hours if I have to go to one of the companies off site locations) and how good I am about getting to the gym during that time period. Plus some days I just don't feel like it and end up listening to music instead. :dunno:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm down to 5 days left on my library loan, so I'll be finished soon too.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I was in Target today. They have a lot of new books to read. A lot of them seem really interesting.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I've finished All She Ever Wanted by Lynn Austin with 3 days to spare on my library loan. Now just have to try to remember everything I read for when we start discussing it.
I will try to return and takes some Pinochet the books. It may not be for a wee, but I will go there.

This is the time of year when I start reading: chilly weather makes me want to stay indoors.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have not even started it! :argh::livid:
Unless you read super slow like I do, you've still got lots of time, as we won't be discussing it till Oct 22nd.

This is the time of year when I start reading: chilly weather makes me want to stay indoors.
Yup, a book, a cat, and a cup of tea (or other hot beverage) and you've got purr-fection. :catlove:

upload_2019-10-3_19-32-52.png

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I just started it and I like it. I was going to read it outside on the deck today but I think it may be too chilly! Ohio and its fluctuating autumn temps, grrrrr. I have it only tablet as well so I can read inside.:read:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I started it.. Was not keen on it at first; now, about about 52 pages into it. Hopefully I will read some this week-end.

I finally finished, "The Flight Girls". It is interesting.. fiction based on a ton of facts. It is about the origins of the WASPS during WWII... some stuff I never knew.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I started it.. Was not keen on it at first; now, about about 52 pages into it. Hopefully I will read some this week-end.
Hopefully now that you're past the beginning, you'll find it more likable. :crossfingers:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I started it.. Was not keen on it at first; now, about about 52 pages into it.
I wasn't keen on it at first either but now I can't put it down. I read the hard copy on the deck last night till it started getting dark.Then read it on my tablet in bed.