Book Of The Month Club - November 2019

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Some of us who post in the all books & reading thread thought it might be fun if we read the same book at the same time. So we started a "Book of the Month Club".

November 2019 will be our 2nd month, and the book we've chosen is: Watch Me Disappear by Janelle Brown

upload_2019-10-1_8-44-47.png

www.amazon.com/Watch-Me-Disappear-Janelle-Brown/dp/0812989481/ref=sr_1_1?crid=5HQHWF54Q6HZ&keywords=watch+me+disappear+janelle+brown&qid=1569930972&s=gateway&sprefix=watch+me+dis%2Caps%2C355&sr=8-1

This book was written in 2017, so hopefully that will make it easier to borrow for those of us who get our hard copy and e-books from public libraries.

The objective of our book club is to read and discuss one book a month.

Month Timeline:
- Book to be read within 1st to 21st of the month
- Discussion from 22nd to 28th of the month

We're going to try to pick books from different genres, so if the book chosen for one month does not appeal to you, hopefully the following month's choice will be more to your taste.

Books will be announced during the first week of the previous month, so our December book will be announced in early November. This should give plenty of time for interested parties to obtain a copy.

Our inaugural read is just beginning, so check out the thread for our Book Of The Month Club - October 2019 and consider reading along with us. Everyone is welcome!

Happy Reading !

upload_2019-10-1_9-24-10.png

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My library has 3 e-book copies of it, with one available right now. I don't want to borrow it yet, as November is still a month away. But I will watch and borrow it when we get closer to the end of October, or put it on hold immediately, if the 3rd copy gets borrowed.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just checked and all 3 e-book copies are on loan. The wait time right now is 2 weeks. I'll check again next week. Hopefully I can get it so I can start reading November 1st.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just bumping this up as we'll be starting our November read soon. :read:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a reminder that it's time for the November book. You can read about it in Post#1

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm just getting started reading this one. Anyone else reading it?

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am going to start it in 2 weeks then the story will be fresher in my mind _hopefully) when we discuss it. Hope you enjoy it.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Right now I am skimming it since I read it for a second time not that long ago. I am highlighting some parts
since I bought a cheap copy from Amazon.

What do you think so far?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm only just past the part where Olive has the vision of her mother, and runs into the wall (!!!) so I'm more puzzled/curious than anything else.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I'm only just past the part where Olive has the vision of her mother, and runs into the wall (!!!) so I'm more puzzled/curious than anything else.
That is what I loved about this book. I don't think I've ever read another one with
a plot such as this.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm almost finished it.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
To be honest, I have not had time to read. I have been pretty busy. I started reading a tiny bit, but never got far. Keep forgetting to take the book along while I am in waiting rooms.

What I read, does seem to be good. I just need to find time to sit and read.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
To be honest, I have not had time to read. I have been pretty busy. I started reading a tiny bit, but never got far. Keep forgetting to take the book along while I am in waiting rooms.

What I read, does seem to be good. I just need to find time to sit and read.
You could probably download it on your tablet from your library since it's not a new book. if that would be easier.

Texaskitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Some of us who post in the all books & reading thread thought it might be fun if we read the same book at the same time. So we started a "Book of the Month Club".

November 2019 will be our 2nd month, and the book we've chosen is: Watch Me Disappear by Janelle Brown

View attachment 302079

www.amazon.com/Watch-Me-Disappear-Janelle-Brown/dp/0812989481/ref=sr_1_1?crid=5HQHWF54Q6HZ&keywords=watch+me+disappear+janelle+brown&qid=1569930972&s=gateway&sprefix=watch+me+dis%2Caps%2C355&sr=8-1

This book was written in 2017, so hopefully that will make it easier to borrow for those of us who get our hard copy and e-books from public libraries.

The objective of our book club is to read and discuss one book a month.

Month Timeline:
- Book to be read within 1st to 21st of the month
- Discussion from 22nd to 28th of the month

We're going to try to pick books from different genres, so if the book chosen for one month does not appeal to you, hopefully the following month's choice will be more to your taste.

Books will be announced during the first week of the previous month, so our December book will be announced in early November. This should give plenty of time for interested parties to obtain a copy.

Our inaugural read is just beginning, so check out the thread for our Book Of The Month Club - October 2019 and consider reading along with us. Everyone is welcome!

Happy Reading !

View attachment 302083
Hi, I would love to participate in this! Reading is my main hobby : ) I can't find where the December book title is announced "in early November" though, or maybe I'm confused. Never been in a book club before. I'm too late to read Watch me Disappear. What is the title for December?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You could probably download it on your tablet from your library since it's not a new book. if that would be easier.
I was thinking on the same line as Mia6 Mia6 , and wondered, artiemom artiemom , if you have an e-reader, or a device that you can download books from the library.