Bonjela - Teething gel.

jekyllsmummy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone.
I was just wondering if anyone else has been told that bonjela helps to sooth the pain of mouth ulcers on a cat.
Tonight Jekyll was taken to the vet about he's scabs flaring up due to he's food allergies and we found that he's formed ulcers again all over he's tounge. He was given 2 injections, one being antibiotics and the other was a type of cortisone just to helps he's scabs heal, the vet said that using bonjela on he's tounge will help with the pain. Sadly, I forgot to ask how often to use it and it's Friday meaning I won't be able to call and ask till Monday.
Has anyone else has used it on their fur baby before and if so, how often did you apply it? Thanks :)

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Poor baby!   But I have no idea.  Can you maybe call around to an ER Vet and just ask the question? 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Poor Jekyll.  I hope his mouth heals up soon. I haven't heard anyone mention this before, and my vet certainly didn't suggest it over the 12 month period that Mouse had repeated infections and sores in his mouth: that was tonsilitis and stomatitis though.  I would have loved to have been abe t give him something to take some of his pain away.  I hope you find someone that can give you a reliable answer.