Bone Content in Freeze Dried Products

kry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all, is there a way to check on bone content for freeze-dried products?

There were some dried blood on my cat's stools after eating Stella and Chewy. This was likely due to the high bone content. I'm certain he is not allergic to certain protein or ingredients because he is fine eating other brands.

I want to try smaller brands such as Steve's and Purpose, but would like to know their bone content before purchasing. I greatly appreciated if anyone can help, thank you.

Beholder

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Your best bet for finding out the bone content from those smaller companies is to contact them directly. Also, sometimes constipation in general (not always attributed to bone) can cause blood in the cat's stool, as well as many other potential problems. Has your cat had a check up with the vet recently? Also, have they been eating this food for a while and are you sure to soak it in water before feeding? I only ask because sometimes people try and give it straight out of the bag without re-hydrating which can lead to symptoms like this.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Your best bet for finding out the bone content from those smaller companies is to contact them directly. Also, sometimes constipation in general (not always attributed to bone) can cause blood in the cat's stool, as well as many other potential problems. Has your cat had a check up with the vet recently? Also, have they been eating this food for a while and are you sure to soak it in water before feeding? I only ask because sometimes people try and give it straight out of the bag without re-hydrating which can lead to symptoms like this.
Yes I soaked the food in luke warm before feeding. Every time I feed SC he would have dried blood on his stool, but his stool would go back to normal the next day if I don’t feed him any.

I’ve been going on and off on the brand for a month, and it’s just not working for his tummy each time I feed. Since then I have switched to different brands and he had no issue with them.

And thank you! I will contact them for bone content.