Bombproof

Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You know how in the horse world, if youve got a horse that doesnt spook at ANYthing-cars, kids, gunshots, crowds... they call it "bombproof"?

I think i have a bombproof kitty. I bought a new airbed so i had to deflate the old one, and of course her Highness H of B had to come investigate when i took the sheets off, then i told her to scoot cos i had to deflate it. Nope. I set her on the floor and she hopped right back up. I couldnt shut the door so i just turned the dial to deflate with her standing on the mattress. The pump is really loud, sounds like a loud vaacuum, i expected her to take off running..

But nope... she just meandered around the mattress as it deflated. Shes able to get off anytime if she wanted-she just didnt care.

Does anyone else have a bombproof kitty like this?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This is terrific - thanks for posting!! I do NOT have a bomb-proof kitty, although he's fairly brave when I'm nearby and talking to him.

I couldnt believe it.. i guess its cos she was outside for a while before i found her, and got used to loud noises. When i was trying to catch her this huge truck came down the street and started making those Huge Truck Noises and i was like noooo, shes going to get scared & run & i’ll never get her.. but she just stood there.

Shes such a chilled out cat :chillpill: :cool2:

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Olive is relatively bombproof. Things dropping next to her, loud music, sizzling pans and water faucets are all safe.

Cars, walking dogs, and people talking outside make her worried.

Gohan and Trin are afraid of Randall's sneezes. And large breaths in. And lots of other things. They are not bombproof.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, that's an interesting perspective. When the Big Fellow first came to this house, plastic grocery bags and sizzling fry pans scared him a lot. Now, he's completely nonchalant about those things, but the vacuum cleaner, not so much. Granted, I agree with him on that one to a degree, I have to put on ear muffs to protect my hearing 'cause it's pretty bad LOL