Bobtail kitten

Ale_ivashkov

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask so my apologies if it's not. A few months ago, we welcomed a pregnant stray in my house and she gave birth to 3 kittens, but only 2 survived. We decided to keep both the mom and the kittens and they're now 4 months old. All were spayed/neutered as well. The thing is one of the kittens was born without a tail and when he uses the litterbox, he always leaves poop(?) on the fur of his tiny tail and I'm not sure what can be done about it. He hates baths and I can't be washing him every day, all the time. I've considered trimming a bit of the hair but I don't know if that's the best solution to this.

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If he is leaving poop on his tail, it would seem his stool may be too soft? Maybe try another food for him to see if that would help stiffen up his stool or add some fiber to his diet. A lot of folks try some plain pumpkin - a tsp or so added to his food if he is eating canned food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ale_ivashkov

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If he is leaving poop on his tail, it would seem his stool may be too soft? Maybe try another food for him to see if that would help stiffen up his stool or add some fiber to his diet. A lot of folks try some plain pumpkin - a tsp or so added to his food if he is eating canned food.
I've noticed it happens whether its soft or not. When he first started using the litterbox, he often had diarrhea and I wasn't sure if it was something that happened to that kind of kittens without tail. When we took them to the vet to have them spayed, the blood tests didn't show anything wrong and the vet didn't mention it either (unfortunately I can't afford to take him to the vet atm). The week after the surgery I was giving them dry food in a bit of water to soften it and I also added to the mix a bit of canned food and his poop looked good and now I'm mostly giving them dry food and his poop had still been looking good as far as I could tell. What I've noticed is that his tail is kinda curled(?), I don't know how to describe it and since he can't move it aside like other cats with tails, he gets dirty. I'll try with the pumpkin and I'll try changing his food to see if that helps too, tho, thank you!