Boarding

walkingrock

Bodie's mom
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm going to be boarding my cat for about a week this summer. He is 8-9 years old and I've had him for 2 years. He was extremely scared when I got him. He's come a long way, but he's still a very cautious cat. I'm trying to decide what would be less stressful for him. I can board him where he's gone for veterinary care and regular grooming since I've had him; or I can board him at a cats only veterinary hospital, where he's never been. I know hearing dogs bark at my vet scares him. But, at least the general environment is familiar, and the staff are familiar with him. I'm wondering which would be the better environment for him. I've never left him boarded before, except overnight. I know having someone come into my home to care for him would be another option, but not sure that is a viable one for this.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've never boarded my Ruby, however, I'm thinking your best bet would be the cat only veterinary hospital, for 2 reasons.

1) no dogs barking
2) it's not his regular vet, so he won't get stressed out any time you take him to be boarded

Of course, you should check out the cat veterinary hospital and make sure you're comfortable with their boarding area, the staff, and the place in general.

Here's a few TCS on the subject that might be helpful:
How To Find The Best Boarding Facility For Your Cat
A Pet Owner's Guide To Pet Sitters
Selecting The Best Pet Sitter