Bo, you were taken too soon. We miss and love you.

thanatos0042

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Greetings everyone.

I am back here in this forum once again to say goodbye to Bo. We have a lot of cats and of course, that means a lot of heartache when they go.

Bo though, was taken too soon, he was 5, maybe 6. He was mostly my roommate Midnight's cat, but he was a good, sweet cat and loved on me. I had posted here before about his weird problem with losing his body heat. Bo's weird problem

Let me do my links and I'll tell his story so he's never forgotten.

Joe and Mischief (not cats, but still family)
My cat, Jynx. I still miss you baby.
Anna, I'm so sorry I couldn't do more
I miss you, my little huntress Eva
Sox, I wish we could have done more
My pal Morpheus...our daddy cat
Mal & Ashe, my Siamese (and to all my others, I still think about you all and miss you)

So, Bo and Kenzi were abandoned kittens left on a sidewalk at an apartment complex and brought to my roommate at work. She immediately fell in love with Bo. We named them after characters from a show called Lost Girl (Bo was female in that, but hey, not our Bo). I will attach pictures of both. Not too long after we got them Bo started to exhibit an issue where he would lay down and be listless.

We took him to a number of vets, even a cat neurologist and no one could figure out why. I even posted here about it (above). We finally found a balance where he didn't really have these episodes, we fed him more often and gave him raw cat food (though he sometimes didn't want it). But these things helped, he went from having them once a month to once every many months.

Today he had another, we followed our usual pattern and then he started a bit of gasping for breath, which wasn't abnormal, he would do that some. But this time it seemed harder and we decided to take him to the vet and he had a seizure and, that was it. I'm pretty sure he passed shortly after that in our arms. It was really fast, this whole incident was bout 20 minutes, but it was probably less than 10 minutes from the time we decided this one needed a vet trip. Even if we had left IMMEDIATELY, we would not have made it to a vet in time and there was no guarantee they could have brought him back. He had something really wrong with him in some blood-chemical-biological way that was going to make his life shorter than usual, kind of like our cat Ashe who got FIP and we found out he had an organ that was too small and he likely was going to die early from that anyway.

So, Bo is gone, I will be getting his ashes, paw print, hair clipping and such and adding him to our case with our other beloved companions who have moved on.

He was a good cat. I will miss him, I already do. He and his sister played a lot together and she came into the bathroom before his seizure and licked his head a few times, that's really when I got a bad feeling. I hope she knows he is gone and I mourn for her and with her too. Bo had such soft fur and he loved to knead in my lap when I put a tee-shirt over my legs. He slept on my desk a lot once my cat Jynx passed away. He would follow me around during the day and want me to feed him. I was so busy at work today, I didn't and I really hope that didn't contribute to this episode.

He loved to climb on our big scratchers and scratch them and then sit on the top. He was such a good eater too. He was a dense cat for his size, but he was gentle, which is unfortunate because we do have a bully cat in the house who picked on him. But he was loving and gentle and he would sleep on Midnight's arm when she would sit in her recliner or above her head on a cat shelf. He also knew how pretty he was.

He was one of our more fun cats who was quite playful, like his sister is. He wasn't really a hunter, he was a lover of food and attention and loved to be in high places. Sometimes he even egged his bully cat (Loki) on to get him to chase him to where he had the advantage. He didn't always give as good as he got, but he got some good shots in. He loved his humans for sure and would go into Chris' room and sit in the warmth (he kept it warm for the iguanas) and sleep there, it was like his space where no one would bother him and he could just sleep. Such a good cat, except, he liked to pee on rugs lol. That bit I won't miss so much.

We are going to miss you Bo and we hope to see you again. Goodbye, until we meet again. The absolute worst part is, Monday is Midnight's birthday :(

Bo is the mostly gray one, Kenzi is mostly white.

Attachments

Last edited:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
What an adorable nose smudge! You can tell from the photos how much they loved & trusted you. I am so sorry. Sometimes, even with the best vets & the most loving owners, there is just an underlying health mystery. He looked like he had a good purr on him. Hopefully with your other posted thread, it will help other kitties. ❤

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thanatos0042

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@ Margot Lane Margot Lane

Well I hope it helps someone...or gives them ideas that may help.

And he was, so adorable. I can't process he is gone quite yet, it happened so fast and now things here feel so off balance...and yes, I know - I have lost many, even before I started posting them on this site...you can see the list in the Mal and Ashe thread - sometimes, stuff happens and it happens out of the blue...

and he did have a great purr. He was just warming up to me the last year or so, he was Midnight's cat...he would cuddle with her and everything. It feels wrong he is gone.

thank you for your words

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful little soul.....You have written so we feel we know that beautiful boy, thank you for letting us know of such a special boy.
The bond between your hearts will never be broken, his love will be in your soul forever and yours in his. He is at peace because of that. You gave him and so many others the one thing they want most in this world, a nice family and the love that goes with it. You persevered, even in the face of his troubles, and you made his life as comfortable and as long as anyone could. Thank you for that.
He was at your side for those years you were fortunate enough to know him, and though he now follows a new path, it will forever parallel your own.
Love is spiritual, so eternal. The 'essence' that was him will follow you until the end of time. It hurts so bad to not have them in our life anymore, but his sweet memories will bring you comfort in the years to come until one day you will smile instead of cry. He would never want tears in your life, he would want you to go forward and find new love to add to his own. Just as you would want fro him if you were the first to go.
You will all be in my thoughts and prayers today. i send you my heartfelt sympathies on your loss...RIP precious Bo. you will never be forgotten, you will always have secure places in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

thanatos0042

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much for your words - but please do not forget, he was Midnight's cat and he adored her, he would follow her around, always come to her call, cuddle with her like no other cat, always sleep near her - of course, he would do some of that for me, but she needs the prayers too and to be in your thoughts as well.

It's my thing to come here and post about them, because they are ours - if something ever happened to me she would pick up and care for them and of course, vice versa. Chris loved Bo too and he takes care of our cats with us, I am sure he could use some good thoughts too.

I'd bear this pain alone for the both of them, but I know I can't.

Bo and the others were so loved. They are still loved and all missed. I hope that one day I will see them all again. There is emptiness and imbalance without him here. I felt it all last night. We do all we can for our rescues and our pets, who are our loved companions, but we know that sometimes they have issues that taken them before their time. It feels so unfair and like a crime. We always try to be there for them at the end, so they know they aren't alone, though COVID messed that up a bit for poor Eva.

Anyway, sorry, I feel so verbose about this. It hasn't even been a year since I lost my cat Jynx and now Bo, I was so hoping we'd go at least a year without losing one. I am just heartsick, over both now. I hope they are watching out for each other, over that bridge. Along with the others.

Again, thank you all. You all are so great in the face of the heartache in this forum and you are all so great that you take in the memories of these babies, to help keep them always remembered, always loved.

thanatos0042

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Jynx was always on my desk or in my chair (I had to jeep an extra near me for her or for me). After she passed, Bo slowly took over the spot on my desk. He would be with me almost every night, as I'm the last one to go to bed generally and I'd have to wake him up and shoo him off my desk to put some stuff on it to keep the cats off while I wasn't around.

He took over pretty quickly for Jynx and so, I didn't realize how empty my desk feels and how much it makes me ache to not wake him up to get him to come to bed with me (or he'd come to bed with me and then go to my roommate's room and sleep with her the rest of the night, depending on where the dog and Loki were sleeping).

Ugh. Bo...*sighs*

I needed to share that, thanks.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Bo, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

What a lovely, loving life you gave to what someone considered a "throw-away" kitten! This I know, however short his life, Bo lived, breathed and had his being wrapped in your love. Everything possible to do to help him, you did. This is the Deepest Truth I know...that love never dies, it is translated and purified into Love and continues on. Now, from his home in That Place Where All Things Are Known, he sends that Love back to walk with you down through all your days. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.

thanatos0042

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
beautiful words, thank you very much. I hope very much to see them all again, before too long.

This one has been a rough loss, like with Anna - so abrupt, it hurts sharply and you notice all the things he is no longer around he used to do because of the sudden nature of it missing.

thanatos0042

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Brought his ashes home today and man, that is another very hard trip to make. But at least he is home again and with us and in my glass cabinet with our other beloved children, so he is in good company.