BM Gold question

axeptwjoy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Good morning to all!

I am dealing with a constipated cat right now and just received the BM gold. I added the drops directly to his food, but haven't seen much change. I know some folks add it to their water- he uses a fountain.

Are you all putting it directly into their food or water?

Also how long does it take for you to see results?

Thank you!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Per the directions, it's supposed to be added to just a little amount of food to make sure they get it all into their system, then it's supposed to start working immediately. And yes, one of our members said she added it to the water and it took about two weeks. Since cats don't normally drink much, let alone ALL their water, I wouldn't think that would work very well.

Remember, this product may or may not work. It's not a regulated product so the manufacturers can say anything they want about it. I know it gets great reviews and hope it works, but luckily they have a 90 day guarantee so if not, you can return it.

One thing I will tell you, our Vet told us that if there is very hard stool right at the end of the colon, no stool softener will reach it and for that you need to use something like the hairball gels that are oily. The oil helps that hard stool get out.

Good luck! Using stool softener (Miralax) and the hairball gel worked for both our boys after just a few days.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
If you are putting this in a fountain, the cat is not getting any of the supplement in a sufficient amount to do anything. As was said, I don't use this, so can't comment on whether or not it will work, but water will make it way to dilute.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

axeptwjoy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you everyone, Otis is slowly making progress. He had his first large BM today. He has been taking the drops and miralax but he doesn't really want to eat any of it - he's getting used to the drops I think. I have to wait until he's really hungry.

He didn't eat much yesterday d/t the miralax in the water in his food- super frustrating. I am going to give the vet a call.