Blueberries are absolutely good for Cats? from all that i have read

empirefalls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have many articles on the internet that blueberries are good for cats to eat.

Any feedback? I am still not 100% confident

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They CAN eat them but they have no biological need for them. Cats are obligate carnivores and have no NEED for any fruits and/or vegetables. Pet food manufacturers put them in foods as fillers and to impress the owners as the ones who buy the foods. They appeal to the whole "blueberries, sweet potatoes, etc are healthy so this food must be healthy" thing.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with the above. Cats can live perfectly well on a meat diet, in fact, that is what they are designed to live on. With all the health craze emphasis on vegetables and fruits as being healthy, well-meaning people turned this into meaning for carnivores too, which is not the case. Vegetables and fruits for them is a filler, not the main diet. Cats very rarely eat these in the wild. Many of the new so-called healthy pet foods are being recalled now because of adding these to the recipe. When they were given regularly they were found to be detrimental to the pet's health, even to the point of death. Stick with meat as nature intended.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

empirefalls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My present cat to the left has no desire to eat them as i eat them as he sits next to me.
My 17yo cat that passed, ate, loved broccoli and i have attributed that as a possible factor to her long life.