Blue Wilderness? Anyone?

Stephg143

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My six-month-old kittens have been Splitting a can of Friskies in the morning and again in the afternoon. They recently were ill so I decided to spend a little extra for a healthier food. I purchased the blue wilderness kitten dry food and the kitten chicken and salmon pate, Which are the flavors they liked of the friskies. They don’t seem to be liking the blue wilderness all that much. Can anyone else relate to this predicament?
Not sure if they don’t like it, or if it’s comparable to giving a child a carrott when they are used to pizza? How long does one try a Particular type of food before determining they just don’t like it?
Input is much appreciated. Thanks :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Stephg143

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just did that today :) seemed to work a little bit. But they are still not eating as much as before.. hoping That they are getting fuller faster, being that the blue wilderness has more protein.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
With kittens I place a lot of weight on what they seem to like, so if they aren’t excited about one, I would try another brand. There are some differences in protein but not enough as far as I am concerned to make up for a kitten eating less because they don’t care for the food. So I would buy a can of a number of different brands, trying different proteins like chicken, turkey, beef and see what they prefer.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Stephg143

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I bought a few different flavors of the same brand yesterday, They liked it so much more. Since they are only seven months I bought them the kitten formula at first then yesterday I went and talked to the blue diamond representative And she said it’s fine to give them adult food As long as they are not having problems digesting it. I bought duck/quail one that they REALLY enjoyed. I was pretty surprised. So yes I concur. Definitely Keeping our options open and willing to try different kinds and flavors, As long as it’s A healthy choice and they like it I’m happy