Blue Lynx point?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittyJ

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Here's a newer picture of her:

Emmy kitten (5).jpg

Excuse the mess. Her stripes look browner.

KittyJ

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you for replying! I'm really thinking that she's a seal lynx point now that her stripes look brown. I honestly wasn't sure at first (so sorry to all the people who said seal, I think you're right).

Aw, thank you so much! I am very excited to get her!

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for replying! I'm really thinking that she's a seal lynx point now that her stripes look brown. I honestly wasn't sure at first (so sorry to all the people who said seal, I think you're right).

Aw, thank you so much! I am very excited to get her!
I am excited for you. :) I love kittens and she is a real doll. Will it be much longer before you get her?

KittyJ

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aw, thank you! I love kittens, too. I mean doesn't everybody? Like 6 weeks. I want to wait until she's 12-weeks-old before I get her. We don't know how old she is exactly. I'm thinking about 6-weeks.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, thank you! I love kittens, too. I mean doesn't everybody? Like 6 weeks. I want to wait until she's 12-weeks-old before I get her. We don't know how old she is exactly. I'm thinking about 6-weeks.
Twelve weeks is a good age because by that time she will be ready to leave mom and mom will also be ready for her to go. ;)
It just seems that kittens who stay with mom eight weeks and longer grow into calm and confident cats.

You have to keep us updated and please keep sending those pics our way.

KittyJ

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, I have noticed that. I don't know for sure when my boy, Lucky was separated from his mom but I think it was at a younger age because he isn't very calm sometimes. He tries to grab my hand with his paws (and some claw, too) and chew on my hand. I have heard that those play bites are a result of the cat being separated from mama cat too soon. Other than that, he's pretty calm.

I will! I'm hoping to see her in real life for the first time this week. I'm glad that you enjoy seeing pictures of her! I know that I do but I can't wait to see her in person.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I have noticed that. I don't know for sure when my boy, Lucky was separated from his mom but I think it was at a younger age because he isn't very calm sometimes. He tries to grab my hand with his paws (and some claw, too) and chew on my hand. I have heard that those play bites are a result of the cat being separated from mama cat too soon. Other than that, he's pretty calm.

I will! I'm hoping to see her in real life for the first time this week. I'm glad that you enjoy seeing pictures of her! I know that I do but I can't wait to see her in person.
He could be overstimulated too. I had one cat, Val and boy could she bite, right through the bone it seemed like. She was a beautiful white cat but she did have anxiety issues.

Yeah they learn to curb rough playing from mom and their siblings. If they get too rambunctious then their brothers and sisters will simply stop playing with them and what kitten wants that? :)
I am excited for you and please keep us updated. I can't remember the last time I went to get a kitten- they usually find me. ;)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How come they know who the daddy is but don't know when she was born? That seems weird.

Yes, definitely let her stay with her mom until 12-14 weeks; she'll be a much better pet. That doesn't mean she won't ever be naughty or play rough, but she'll at least know her kitty manners and won't have abandonment issues.

KittyJ

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He could be overstimulated too. I had one cat, Val and boy could she bite, right through the bone it seemed like. She was a beautiful white cat but she did have anxiety issues.

Yeah they learn to curb rough playing from mom and their siblings. If they get too rambunctious then their brothers and sisters will simply stop playing with them and what kitten wants that? :)
I am excited for you and please keep us updated. I can't remember the last time I went to get a kitten- they usually find me. ;)
Hmm. I don't know. 🤷‍♀️ Ouch! Thank goodness, my boy's bite isn't that bad!

I know, right? She doesn't have littermates so would that affect her behavior?

Thank you! I will! That's always special. I had a kitten find me once. I had to chase him down, though.
How come they know who the daddy is but don't know when she was born? That seems weird.

Yes, definitely let her stay with her mom until 12-14 weeks; she'll be a much better pet. That doesn't mean she won't ever be naughty or play rough, but she'll at least know her kitty manners and won't have abandonment issues.
It's a funny story, actually. The owner of the kitten and I figured that her cat (the kitten's mom) was pregnant and come to find out, she was actually nursing! When the owner of mama cat was moving furniture, she found a kitten! Only one. I assume that mama cat wasn't noticeably bigger because she only had one kitten. Pretty crazy.

Naughty? How could such a sweet thing ever be naughty? LOL. Definitely don't want her to not have kitty manners or abandonment issues.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm. I don't know. 🤷‍♀️ Ouch! Thank goodness, my boy's bite isn't that bad!

I know, right? She doesn't have littermates so would that affect her behavior?

Thank you! I will! That's always special. I had a kitten find me once. I had to chase him down, though.

It's a funny story, actually. The owner of the kitten and I figured that her cat (the kitten's mom) was pregnant and come to find out, she was actually nursing! When the owner of mama cat was moving furniture, she found a kitten! Only one. I assume that mama cat wasn't noticeably bigger because she only had one kitten. Pretty crazy.

Naughty? How could such a sweet thing ever be naughty? LOL. Definitely don't want her to not have kitty manners or abandonment issues.

If there is just one kitten than mom becomes the playmate whether she wants the position or not. And every kitten minds their Ps and Qs around mom. :)

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
hey i'm necro posting but really interested in following lynx point color development.. what does she look like now! want more pics of your sweet baby lol :)

LunarFlower

Genetics Enthusiast
Young Cat
Purraise
hey i'm necro posting but really interested in following lynx point color development.. what does she look like now! want more pics of your sweet baby lol :)
If you are on Reddit, there is a subreddit specifically for people posting before and after pictures of cats that change color. It might be helpful if you’re looking for more examples. I’m not sure if outside links are allowed, so I won’t direct link.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
K KittyJ Could we get pics of your beuty as adult? Or at least, immediately before she got adopted (whichever is the factual).

My own reaction, rereading the thread, is if daddy was a blue point alike momma, baby should too become a blue point.
The exception is, if daddy was wrongly identified, and was really a seal.... Sometimes its a little difficult to decide.

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If you are on Reddit, there is a subreddit specifically for people posting before and after pictures of cats that change color. It might be helpful if you’re looking for more examples. I’m not sure if outside links are allowed, so I won’t direct link.

oh yea def interested in looking there. what is the name of the subreddit? no link required.

LunarFlower

Genetics Enthusiast
Young Cat
Purraise
oh yea def interested in looking there. what is the name of the subreddit? no link required.
r/ToastCats. It’s not the largest subreddit, but does have occasional activity. Also, try the Siamese, lynxpointsiamese, and tortimese subreddits; there are color change comparisons there pretty often as well.