Blood Moon - July 2018!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks so much for the article link! I saw the version of it here which was a darker yellow, when I looked, but we had a lot of haze so I didn't take a picture.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read that it couldn't be seen over in the US because of time zone differences, but most of Europe was able to see it as well as Asia, but alas England was covered in cloud!
There will be another blood moon in January 2019 so I'll be out with my camera then if the weather is on my side :)

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, I had forgotten about the blood moon, but it was not supposed to be visible from North America anyway.
Yes, I heard it was only visible in the southern hemisphere, so was looking for feedback from our Aussie, Kiwi, and South American friends.

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm a little jealous of the people that did get to see it. At least I'll be able to see the full solar eclipse in 2024! It's not the same thing, but it's something. Texas is supposed to be in the path of total totality for the next one. It was one of the few places in the country where it wasn't last time. ;) I know I mention the fact that I'm from Texas a lot. I guess that's a Texas thing.