Blood in urine, unexpected diarrhoea

Miso2021

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, our 11 month old indoor cat (not neutered) has unexpectedly had diarrhea outside her litter box for the first time. Then she tried peeing and we found small light patches of blood and she is struggling to pee at all and trying to pee frequently with nothing.
After this happened she was happily playing. Now is sleeping.
While we wait for the vet what can we do in the meantime?
Any advice on what it could be? Potentially cystitis or a UTI?
She has been in heat for the past few days could this stress have led to this? During heat she was the most vocal we’ve heard, she’s never raised her rear or made so much noise in heat before (we weren’t even sure she had a heat period before this)

Attachments

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Is she fixed? Stress can be a cause. When is her vet appointment? If she cannot pee take her to er or if you can't leave her at the vets overnight

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
One of my female cats had suspicious blood in her stool, including on the thermometer that the vet used, before she was fixed. The vet refused to spay her until the blood stopped, which it did quite quickly, and it never recurred once she was fixed. Vet said she had seen that before but had never gotten to an underlying cause. I only mention this because you said that your cat was in heat.....and I realize that you said that your cat had blood in her pee.

However, there is a much bigger issue here which is that your cat is trying to pee with nothing coming out which is always an emergency. If she can't pee, she needs a vet and that is the bottom line answer.

Fiona, as an older cat, would have UTIs and then be seemingly okay; however, cats hide symptoms of distress so she probably was not. She had bladder stones and surgery to remove them, but I think that your cat is on the young side for this.