Blood in Urine Opinions Needed

kmbishop111

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Let me begin by saying I do not have an ER Vet within a 2 hour drive from me and of course its the weekend. My DIL is in delivery with my grandchild as we speak also. :redheartpump:

That being said, I have a rescue that is going to the bathroom multiple times daily outside box. Good appetite, no fever present, no yowling in pain, yet. :( But she's clearly going to the Vet as soon as I can get her in, which unfortunately as most everywhere appts are a cpl weeks out.

She is ab 4 yrs old, spayed and vaccinated. I have been able to get a cpl free catches while she is urinating. Her bladder does not feel distended btw.
Here are results of the last free catch.

Leukocytes +
Nitrite N
Uro
Protein 3+
pH 8.0
Blood +
Spec Gravity 1.010
Ket +
Bili L
Glucose N

20211127_171632.jpg

20211127_163407.jpg
20211127_170035.jpg

I'm just looking for some opinions on if you think this falls in the category of emergency and any advice if you've seen this before personally? She's going enough that I don't think blockage, but of course we all worry ab worst case. TIA for any advice!! BTW, her name is Honey Bunny

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
As long as she is able to urinate, which you indicates is NOT a problem, then I would say it is not an emergency. It sounds like she might have a UTI since she is urinating outside the litterbox, but she might also have inflammation of the bladder or some crystals forming which could be causing the bleeding. Impossible for us to know the exact cause. But really, just make sure she continues to pee. If she stops and appears to be blocked, the you might have to make that 2 hr drive to the ER Vet. On Monday, call your regular Vet and let them know what is happening. They may be able to let you drop her off and squeeze her in as time allows.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kmbishop111

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Watching her like a hawk. ;) Fixing to go get her some food which may help. Any suggestions appreciated on that as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kmbishop111

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Picked her up some Purina Pro Plan Urinary Tract Health - wet. Hope that helps.

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
For urinary, look for low numbers in both of Magnesium and Phosphorus.
I buy specialty diets that contain no more than 1% phosphorus and 0.1% magnesium. That helps keep their urinary Ph levels down. Used to use Royal Canin SO, but when they changed the formula the beginning of last year? A lot of customers suddenly got sick cats losing weight. Mine included.
It won't stop the possibly uti she's suffering from now, but can help prevent future ones. I have 3 catswith assorted ailments on urinary foods. 1-kidney stones, 1- constant uti's, & another would get crystals in his urinary tract. Knock on wood, none of those problems since proper food.
Your rescue probably won't be in trouble if you have to wait a few days. But not a couple of weeks. Best of luck!💗