Blood In kitten stool! Please help

Cyanidecherrypie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! I recently got a kitten (she is 12 weeks old as of today). She is the second cat that I’ve owned so it’s been a breeze taking care of her. My family has shown her unconditional love and we make sure that she doesn’t eat anything that could cause her problems and we try our best to keep her safe. She is an indoor kitty as well. Today, I had to place her in her kitty crate for a little bit so I could clean my room, and when I turned to look at her she had went to the bathroom in it! I was frustrated but I got worried when I saw that there was blood in the stool. Can anyone help and give advice on what could have caused the blood? She eats both dry and wet food. This is the first time that there has been blood as well.

Attachments

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
There can be logical and non-critical reasons for this, like some parasites, but unless you call the vet you are only making a guess and don't know what to do for her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cyanidecherrypie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There can be logical and non-critical reasons for this, like some parasites, but unless you call the vet you are only making a guess and don't know what to do for her.
Thank you. We are trying to schedule an appointment for her but many clinics aren’t taking in patients right now.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm looking at the color of her stool and the fact that it's kind of slimy and think she may have something going on there. Does she have diarrhea sometimes? She may have a parasite or bacterial infection I know it's hard to see Vet's these days with everything that's going on, but can you send them this picture and see what they think? She might need some medication.