blocked third time need opinion asap

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he's in a better mood when he wakes up! Hang in there!

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Keep him medicated. He's probably still in pain. My boy did the trying to lick thing for days. That's why I tried other cones. Yet none worked since he was able to get them all off. I kept a journal of how things went each day and how often he peed. This helped me to see his progress.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reba

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He peed twice today and pooped. Seemed lethargic in the afternoon, but that may be the gabapetin. I got a clear look at his rear end and it actually looks pretty good. His rear end isn't so baboonish looking and it looks less red. I'll post some pics later.

Also what is working great in keeping him comfortable and monitored are the following:

A pet playpen: I got the 52" x 52" size -
Fold-up pete playpen

Pet Mate Large Sifting Litter Pan:
Pet Mate Sifting Litter Pan

Puppy Pads:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002VS6PYE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yesterday's News Litter:
Yesterday's news pelleted cat litter

The sifting litter plan has a sifting pan insert and a regular pan. Line the bottom pan with the puppy pad, put the sifting pan on top and put the pelleted litter on top. Lift up the sifting pan and you'll be able to easily see if and how much pee has soaked into the puppy pad. You can change the pad each time you notice pee in it. In short, no guess work.

Oh and a pellet scoop versus a regular scoop. The one I have I got at a independent pet store and has even wider spaces than this, but I have one of these as well:

pellet scoop

reba

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just an update. He's been doing OK, didn't get the cone off for three weeks and earned his freedom from the playpen a few days ago.

I had a panic last night when I didn't think he was peeing so back in the playpen he went. Thank god he peed overnight!!!

Slowly transitioning him back onto raw food from this place, I honestly think it makes a difference and it's sooooooooo much cheaper than the canned from the vet:

State of Nature Raw

reba

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Also got nearly $7,000 check from Embrace Pet Insurance in a week!!! Highly recommend.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I didn't think he was peeing so back in the playpen he went. Thank god he peed overnight!!!

Slowly transitioning him back onto raw food from this place, I honestly think it makes a difference and it's sooooooooo much cheaper than the canned from the vet:
Are you sure you can't do a rotation of foods? This reads to me as though maybe he's either not ready for all raw or not ready to go off the vet's food...

Last edited: