Bloating in the belly after neutering my male cat

Zara12345

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I got my 7 month old cat neutered two days ago. He recovered within a day and now I am starting to notice some bloating and hardness in his belly. He was wide awake with dilated pupils for about 24 hours after surgery which I am guessing was because of the pain killers and anaesthesia but I don't understand why he's having bloating now. Any advice? Please help

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Zara12345

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, I have thought of giving the vet a ca as well

Zara12345

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Any update of this cat? We worry when we don't hear news
Hi! So sorry about not posting after this. My cat is doing very well. The assumption is that the bloating might just have been a gas build up coz he didn't eat for more than 24 hours after surgery. He got back to normal on a few days.
Thank you for the concern:)

Zara12345

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update: Hello everyone and my apologies for the long overdue update.
My cat Ollie is doing very well after the neuter. The bloating was probably just a gas build up as he hadn't eaten for more than 24 hours post-op. Also, for those wondering it wasn't thaaat bloated as in "pregnant feline-sized belly" it was more like the belly of a cat who had just eaten to the point of being very full (just wanted to give an accurate description in case anyone experiences this in the future).
Also, thank you to everyone who replied and showed concern on this matter. This is a picture of Ollie:
20211231_184353.jpg