Black Ragdoll? or Norwegian Forest Cat? or Mix Breed?

Cwilkes

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is a longshot as this thread appears to be deader than disco, but did anyone ever find out any concrete information?
These cats look just like my Salem, and describe his disposition to a t. He also never leaves my near vicinity, has conversations with me, steal my beer when I look away, and eats my tacos.

As I got him as a stray in the portland, OR area, and reading that the ragdoll was started fr

Cwilkes

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
**from a barn cat in the portland area, it's not insane to think the progenitor had offspring that were unaccounted for.

Just curious. Either way, he is the most amazing pet i've ever had, and we've been through a lot togetheri

Attachments

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I cannot say what breed your kitty is; however, so vary sweet..

The pictures of your daughter with your kitty in the stroller, brought a huge smile to my face.

When I was your daughters age, we had such a mellow, laid back tabby, who allowed me to dress her in doll clothes and put her in my baby carriage, to wheel around the house... it was a large old farmhouse....

Brought back such happy memories.. thank you...

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unless you are doing DNA tests it really doesn't matter a whole lot on behavioral characteristics or looks even, it is a Domestic short or long hair cat. Pure breed cats are so very rare, especially coming from a shelter or on the streets. My ideas could be very different then anyone else just based on my experiences with cats. It's not like dogs where the Bulldogs are clearly bulldogs and Great Danes are clearly Great Danes stray or not.

WillowForge

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We adopted the most wonderful cat last year. His name is Owen, and he is a little over 1 1/2 years old. At first we thought he might be a black Ragdoll... He's so relaxed and complacent, doesn't know a stranger, and will follow you around the house like dog. He has soft, downy fur, with a sort of "under-down" beneath his main fur. But, as he's gotten older, the black fur on his belly, under his arm pits, and around his neck has started to turn grey or smoke colored. This makes me wonder if he might be Norwegian Forest Cat. Maybe he is neither, and just a beautiful cat. We love him to pieces and it really doesn't matter if we know...just curious to see if anyone can shed any light on his ancestry.

Thanks!

These are photos of my sweet Furguss. Miss him so much. He looked a lot like your baby and had many of the same qualities. He just wandered up one day. No idea what breed he was

Attachments

Texaskitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually there is. There is somethin called a solid Ragdoll. They aren't pointed and they don't have blue eyes.

I agree with you, I looked it up a few months ago and found a lot of information on solid color ragdolls.