Black nose allergy again

solusumbra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So my cats black nose allergy and runny eyes is back. I’ve been trying to think of anything that caused it and he hasn’t had his new plastic food bowl for very long before then he had a ceramic that I broke. His water bowl is also plastic but he’s had that since the old bowl but maybe it’s a different type of plastic? Anyway I want to test it but buying a new ceramic slow feeder bowl is kind of expensive so I’m trying to think of how to turn a normal ceramic bowl into a slow feeder and am an need of ideas. It goes without saying that if it helps I will be paying out the money, but I don’t want to waste it if it’s not the problem. He had to have slow feeder of he vomits after eating.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

solusumbra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just thought about trying my old glass fish tank rocks, sanitized in hot water and vinegar.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can use those IF they are big enough they won't get eaten. Steralized golf balls work well. Just remember to wash everything in the bowl after every single meal. Also, the water dish should NOT be plastic either if this is Feline Acne.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

solusumbra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You can use those IF they are big enough they won't get eaten. Steralized golf balls work well. Just remember to wash everything in the bowl after every single meal. Also, the water dish should NOT be plastic either if this is Feline Acne.
It’s not acne but some kind of allergy. He’s had his water bowl for a good year now with our any issues but his food bowl is pretty new, that’s why I’ve considered trying to remove it and see what happens. And yes they are good sized rocks, guessing as round as a quarter and several times thicker. I think marbles would be my next go to.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
My avatar had chin acne, fairly severe, and I found that I had to transition to stainless steel bowls as even ceramic seemed questionable.