Black growth from anus (photo)

Kylialle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my cat has a black thing that grows out of her anus. I know, weird. The vet pulled it off and said maybe it was just dried poop. However, I told her, once it falls off it comes back. It grows longer every day. It’s black with some white in spots or on the underside. Not an anal gland. Does not seem to bother the cat (doesn’t scoot or anything). Any ideas? Worth another vet visit?

Attachments

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it might be normal and has to do with the anal glands. One of my cats has always had something similar but less of it than your cat’s picture. At first I thought it was dried poop too but I realized that it’s just always on her bum. So yours might be the same thing?

Edit: I just realized you said that it grows longer every day. That’s not like my cat. Hmmm I wonder if you can get a second medical opinion.

Last edited:

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think she may not be the best at cleaning herself fully after going to the bathroom. I would add some fiber to her diet and see if that helps at all. A bit of canned pumpkin could work.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Maybe you can call the vet and tell them what you just told us, and see what they would recommend - especially since your vet is aware of it and has already seen it.