Black Friday Ads

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Black Friday was never a thing here in the UK until about 10 years ago or so, so we don't really bother with it much unless there's something on sale we absolutely need or want. It's always a mad scram for even pointless little things that are on sale, so I try to avoid it lol.
I figure if I want to get trampled at 4:30 in the morning, I'll go to the barn early, set the feed cart outside and open all the gates and stall doors :lol:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Petsmart's BF ad is out. $10.99 for Tidy Cats :/. Well, the price went up at Walmart too so I guess that's to be expected. The 60g aquarium + stand for $150 is tempting---I've been thinking about getting back into fishkeeping. $14.99 for 3.5g aquarium kits, I may buy a couple as gifts for friends who keep their bettas in small bowls. 50% off larger aquarium kits, not sure what the starting price is but that seems decent. 60 cents for Fancy Feast, 49 cents for Friskies. 50% off doggie clothes, haha.
Pet Smart Black Friday 2019 Ad, Deals and Sales

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Chewy has the cardboard Gingerbread cat house that I got Mooch and Noodles last year for $14. I think I got it for around $10 on Black Friday but it sold out quickly.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Walmart posted their Black Friday ad:

(No idea why it says South Gate, CA in the preview but if you click on the link, it'll take you to your local store ad)

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, no in-(pet) store Black Friday shopping for me this year :disappointed: I have to work. If Carefresh bedding is available as BOGO online somewhere on Friday, I'll place an order. I checked Petsmart and the BOGO deal is in-store only. Pet Supplies Plus doesn't seem to have a Black Friday ad this year and Petco doesn't have BOGO bedding, not that I would ever buy bedding from Petco again.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, no in-(pet) store Black Friday shopping for me this year :disappointed: I have to work. If Carefresh bedding is available as BOGO online somewhere on Friday, I'll place an order. I checked Petsmart and the BOGO deal is in-store only. Pet Supplies Plus doesn't seem to have a Black Friday ad this year and Petco doesn't have BOGO bedding, not that I would ever buy bedding from Petco again.
Looks like they're having a pre-BF BOGO sale right now. But you have to get to $49 for free shipping. I don't know if they're offering it in-store too.
Small Pet Bedding for Ferrets, Rabbits & others | PetSmart

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Petsmart's BF ad is out. $10.99 for Tidy Cats :/. Well, the price went up at Walmart too so I guess that's to be expected. The 60g aquarium + stand for $150 is tempting---I've been thinking about getting back into fishkeeping. $14.99 for 3.5g aquarium kits, I may buy a couple as gifts for friends who keep their bettas in small bowls. 50% off larger aquarium kits, not sure what the starting price is but that seems decent. 60 cents for Fancy Feast, 49 cents for Friskies. 50% off doggie clothes, haha.
Pet Smart Black Friday 2019 Ad, Deals and Sales
The Tidy Cats seems to go up $1 every year. I'm going to pass this year. I stock up on litter when it goes on sale throughout the year. I doubt I'll do any BF shopping this year. I really don't need anything.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tractor Supply has Tidy Cats for $9.99 per 35-pound bucket. On the plus side, very few people do their BF shopping at TSC :D. On the minus side, they may not stock like Petsmart does. I'll swing by and see if they have any left by the time I get there.

And Fleet Farm has 20-pound jugs of Tidy Cats for $5.99. But Fleet Farm just opened in Sioux Falls a few months ago, so I think they'll be a little crazy, don't think I'll risk it.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I figure if I want to get trampled at 4:30 in the morning, I'll go to the barn early, set the feed cart outside and open all the gates and stall doors :lol:
Haha, I hear ya there, I'm not into shopping on Black Friday, I always see video afterward of aggro customers brawling in the aisles... probably be a good way to get some "free" MMA training, LOL. 🥋

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'll order pails of Tidy Cats from PetSmart online first thing in the morning, but we'll be in the line waiting for the store to open, too. I think about 20 pails should be enough for the year, since we still have four or five pails leftover from the BF sale last year. I'm more interested in the Friskies Buffet for .49 a can this time around; I'd like to get around 200 cans. And I want to see how much The Beast's treats are. Since it's just the four girls now, we go through 21 cans of Friskies Buffet a week. Oh, and I have a bunch of $2.00 coupons, too, good on any size Tidy Cat. They'll come in handy.

Last year, PetSmart opened around 7:00, I think. We always meet some very nice cat people in line at PetSmart on BF!

Kat0121 Kat0121 PetSmart did that to me a few years ago. Never pulled my online order, then cancelled it when they ran out of litter. I wrote to them, expressing my disappointment in how they handled things that year. And they allowed me to buy as many pails as I needed for the BF price, once they got more stock. Last year, they were excellent. There were so many pails they there were still pails left at mid-day! Then we went down a few days later and got our online order. It worked out very well. They definitely got their act together.

Last edited:

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tractor Supply has Tidy Cats for $9.99 per 35-pound bucket. On the plus side, very few people do their BF shopping at TSC :D. On the minus side, they may not stock like Petsmart does. I'll swing by and see if they have any left by the time I get there.
I always order my litter on line from Tractor Supply and have never had a problem getting it. They pull it and hold it until I get there to pick it up. Even load it for me. Thank goodness because I buy a lot.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'll just buy bedding from wherever when I get the chance. I still have enough bedding from the second bag I got last Black Friday for a few weeks. One 60 L bag lasts at least 6 months (small cage).

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, I ordered 10 buckets of Tidy Cats from Petsmart. TSC said "limited supply, call local store for availability" so I'm just going to go there and hope they haven't sold out.

Also bought a Petsmart 60g aquarium kit :paperbag: . Haven't decided if I'm doing goldfish or small tropicals or a cichlid tank. And a ton of kitty toys and tiny doggie jackets from Chewy. Why do people dress tiny dogs up in silly clothes? Well, now I know, lol. Also stocked up on cardboard scratchers (30% off).

So far that's it. Will see what tomorrow brings.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Tidy Cats seems to go up $1 every year. I'm going to pass this year. I stock up on litter when it goes on sale throughout the year. I doubt I'll do any BF shopping this year. I really don't need anything.
Pet supplies plus has the cat litter at $9.99 for the 35 pail, and a slightly better deal per pound of the 20 lb. jug, which is B1G1free. I ended up ordering 25 to pick up in store at Petsmart, but am still going to PSP tomorrow morning to try to get them there. Figured I can always cancel the Petsmart order, if needed. The PSP is only 20 min. away, and the Petsmart an hour with highway driving. Not sure how much stock the PSP's usually get though, so we'll see tomorrow!

You mentioned you stock up throughout the year, have you seen prices for the 35 lb. pail at prices similar to the Black Friday deals? A few years back, I stopped seeing sales that low and started stocking up on Black Friday because it was the cheapest sale all year. Although with three cats I need 3x as much litter, so it will be challenging to find space to buy a whole years worth! I'd love to know what stores you see good deals for tidy cat, and what frequency they normally have the sales. Thanks!

Last edited:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also noticed there are Surefeed chip feeders on sale an Chewy 20% off (Original $149, $119.20 plus tax with discount). Figured I'd better invest in one since I'll hopefully be working full time in December, so that means no more feeding the kittens every 2-3 or so hours during the day since I won't be close to home to do so.

There is a post about this, but the ripple rug was 30% off on Chewy, too!!! Can't wait to try that out!

If anyone sees a great deal on pill pockets while surfing sales, let me know, please! That is something I haven't seen this year yet that I normally stock up on, too! Only have a bag and a half left from what I bought last black Friday.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, I ordered 10 buckets of Tidy Cats from Petsmart. TSC said "limited supply, call local store for availability" so I'm just going to go there and hope they haven't sold out.

Also bought a Petsmart 60g aquarium kit :paperbag: . Haven't decided if I'm doing goldfish or small tropicals or a cichlid tank. And a ton of kitty toys and tiny doggie jackets from Chewy. Why do people dress tiny dogs up in silly clothes? Well, now I know, lol. Also stocked up on cardboard scratchers (30% off).

So far that's it. Will see what tomorrow brings.
Aquariums are so much fun! I loved keeping guppies and breeding them while growing up. My cat fish also reproduced once, and 1 baby survived to adulthood. The one that laid eggs was called Mr. Gigilo, haha. Guess he was actually a she! I've never kept them, but Cichlids are supposed to have a unique personality. Will this be the first time you've kept fish?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No I've had fish many times, with varying levels of success, lol. Largest tank I've had is 55g, and I intended to set that one up after I moved to the new house, but it's been dry for 5 years so I don't trust the sealant. Plus the stand was damaged in storage. Will use that one for the snakes I guess. Time for a new one!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pet supplies plus has the cat litter at $9.99 for the 35 pail, and a slightly better deal per pound of the 20 lb. jug, which is B1G1free. I ended up ordering 25 to pick up in store at Petsmart, but am still going to PSP tomorrow morning to try to get them there. Figured I can always cancel the Petsmart order, if needed. The PSP is only 20 min. away, and the Petsmart an hour with highway driving. Not sure how much stock the PSP's usually get though, so we'll see tomorrow!

You mentioned you stock up throughout the year, have you seen prices for the 35 lb. pail at prices similar to the Black Friday deals? A few years back, I stopped seeing sales that low and started stocking up on Black Friday because it was the cheapest sale all year. Although with three cats I need 3x as much litter, so it will be challenging to find space to buy a whole years worth! I'd love to know what stores you see good deals for tidy cat, and what frequency they normally have the sales. Thanks!
Publix (grocery store chain in the southern US) often has the Tidy Cats 20 pound jugs BOGO so I get those. Whenever I am out in Target or the grocery store, I check the litter aisle for deals. I have about 200 pounds of litter in the house so I don't really need it right now. We don't have a Pets Supply Plus near me.