Black Crust On My Cat's Nose

Amanda.neme

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I
Screenshot_20190722-113249_One UI Home.jpg
20190619_000412.jpg
adopted a persian cat when he was about 3 months old. As he was growing, he started having some discharge coming from his nose. As it gets dry, it forms some sort of black crust. Checked by the vet, we treated it as dermatitis, but he did not respond to the treatment. We then collected samples and sent them to the vet. Both cultures for bacteria and fungus were negative. Am posting the pictures of him as a kitten and recently with the nose condition. If you have any ideas or experience, please send me a message. Thank you very much!

Sally395

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cats not a persian, but he does get something similar. It's just mucus, or even sometimes wet food that sticks to his nose. I just carefully clean his nose every couple of days. Gental warm wet cloth, slowly.

His nose was worse though when he had a nasal infection. Has your vet rules out a nasal infection? Causing excess mucus?

AndrewAdams

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IView attachment 293625 View attachment 293626 adopted a persian cat when he was about 3 months old. As he was growing, he started having some discharge coming from his nose. As it gets dry, it forms some sort of black crust. Checked by the vet, we treated it as dermatitis, but he did not respond to the treatment. We then collected samples and sent them to the vet. Both cultures for bacteria and fungus were negative. Am posting the pictures of him as a kitten and recently with the nose condition. If you have any ideas or experience, please send me a message. Thank you very much!
Hello, did you ever figure out what your kitty has? My cat has the exact same thing, and your kitty pic is the only thing I can find online that matches my cat’s issue.

Attachments