Black Cats Only

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I rarely get sick, but was at a family baby shower last weekend, & ended up taking home a bad cold & fever! ( Flu & covid test were negative st the Dr.s Thurs. Thank goodness!)
(All came from my 3 & 1/2 yr old great niece who started preschool. Now a few family members are sick, including my parents
. 😑) .
Anyway, I was soaking in the tub yesterday, & Panther was "supervising." 😄
IMG_20221028_133840327.jpg
IMG_20221028_133929190.jpg

"Shes fine, ....now I can play!" 😼
IMG_20221028_134200886.jpg

sonnyphnx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
image.jpg
68642131-DB3A-455F-9D10-28F70A60C1E1.jpeg
B351BA04-F24D-4DA4-8551-30F2E3F51790.jpeg
B005156E-C1D6-4883-ACE9-05173AC03407.jpeg

Hi, I’m Benjamin and this is my first post on the forum

This is Sonny!

She is 8 years old. We got her about 5 months ago from a local rescue working through Petsmart. I don’t know much about her previous life except for this: Shes from a suburb about a half hour from us; she previously lived with other cats and dogs (shelter noted in her summary she got along with both); she has, based on her behavior and lack of desire to go outside, been an indoor cat her whole life; and her previous owner died of Covid, hence why she was rescued. She was at the Petsmart for 2 months before we took her home.

I’m so glad we got her. I’ve had cats my whole life but this is the first time I’ve picked a cat myself and taken her home. She is a perfect fit for our household: she is calm enough that she doesn’t have issues being left alone for a few hours at a time- my dad and I both work and I go to school. But, she is very loving, very playful for a middle aged cat, and a great personality! She doesn’t mind being picked up and doesn’t bite or scratch at all.

Enjoy the pictures, and I look forward to seeing and discussing cats with you all!

detroitcatlady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got the cacti thing at walmart. My kittens climb on it more than scratching on it lol

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@sonny,phnx, Welcome! Shes a little cutie!

Panther is my 3rd cat now, & I didn't pick any of them, so I know what your talking about. They all showed up on their own. One at a time. First was Angel, my avatar here, he was my soul kitty. He was with me for 6 & 1/2 yrs before lymphoma took him. This Feb will be 7 yrs he's been gone already.
Second, my first black kitty, she was a petite little black girl like yours. She showed up 7 months to the day I lost Angel. (I think he guided her to me) . But she was only with me for 2 yrs & 2 & 1/2 months. She ended up with carsanoma on her liver. December will be 4 yrs shes been gone.

3 yrs ago I moved into a new place, & Panther showed up. He was a feral, but only 3 yrs old, so I started working with him, gaining his trust, he started coming inside to play for a little while, etc.. so I was working on transitioning him inside, after I had him fixed. In short, after about a yr, he went missing for a cpl of days, (a fri & sat), where he usually always came to eat 2xs/ day. So went out looking/ calling for him, & he showed up on Sun w/ a badly broken bk L leg, so he ended up having surgery. The sharp broken pcs of bone had completely severed the sciatic nerve on that side, so it was his leg, or his life... So that finally made him inside for good now! That was last Sept. It was a month long recovery, but he did it, & runs around like nothing happened!!
I call him my little Superman! 😊❤