Black Cats Only

jarnold0091

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I miss my black jack! Found him in my ally when he was about 5 weeks old with 2 other kittens! Believe they were dumped the other 2 cats were some kind of stripped cats and he was the only black one. I ended up giving the other 2 away to good homes and kinda got left with him. But it was the greatest thing ever. He was the first black cat I've ever owned and omg now I am in love with black cats. They are the greatest! After a year of having him one day he was outside with me following me up and down the street like he usually did and I went in for a few hours. Later that night I called him in like always and when he didn't come running I already knew something was wrong. After lots of searching he had just vanished! It kills me not knowing exactly what happen to him that's the worst part! But I do have one good thing that reminds me of him and that is his daughter Kiki. Him and the rabbi around the corner from us had a romance lol and she had many black kittens before I had both her and black jack fixed! Kiki is the little piece of him I have left!

Attachments

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cabernet (Cabbie) was my first cat. My first kitten too. I was allergic to cats when I moved in with friends for the summer. They went out one day and brought home two kittens. I was just a summer boarder so I had no say in that. Cabbie took an instant liking to me, of course. Her first night I didn't even have a room of my own yet. I was still sleeping in the front room. And if Cab had her way, she wanted to sleep at my shoulder. I moved her to a stack of stuff she was exploring during the day time. A minute later I hear this pitiful crying of a kitten who got up to the highest bookcase and didn't know how to get down. "Alright, but here's the deal. You sleep at my hip, not my face." Two miserable weeks of allergies and allergy medicine and I was miraculously cured of that allergy. A couple of years later when my friend moved to a "no pets" studio with his fiancee, I agreed to take Cabbie. I think every picture I ever took of her was on film. All of these are scanned. If I did have any digital photos, they've been lost to one flash card or hard drive or another--the dark days before cloud storage. 🤦‍♂️

Cabernet and Merlot as kittens (Merl would get run over later that summer. 😿 )
CabbieMerlKitten-optimized.jpg
Cabbie never liked to go further than the porch. Even as an indoor-only kitty, I could leave the front door open and she wouldn't leave. I practically had to beg her to come join me on the balcony. Such a good indoor kitty!
CabbieChair-optimized.jpg
At one point that house would have six cats (Cabbie had a litter before she was spayed. That's what my friends wanted. The kittens were adorable!), two chinchillas, a lizard, and a rabbit.
CabbieSage-optimized.jpg
Obviously a staged photo! Sage, the rabbit, was not litterbox trained. Any other day, there'd be a lot more rabbit poop in that photo. 😹🤦‍♂️ And Cabbie would probably be sleeping in a chair, or in the sun somewhere else. 😻

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cabernet (Cabbie) was my first cat. My first kitten too. I was allergic to cats when I moved in with friends for the summer. They went out one day and brought home two kittens. I was just a summer boarder so I had no say in that. Cabbie took an instant liking to me, of course. Her first night I didn't even have a room of my own yet. I was still sleeping in the front room. And if Cab had her way, she wanted to sleep at my shoulder. I moved her to a stack of stuff she was exploring during the day time. A minute later I hear this pitiful crying of a kitten who got up to the highest bookcase and didn't know how to get down. "Alright, but here's the deal. You sleep at my hip, not my face." Two miserable weeks of allergies and allergy medicine and I was miraculously cured of that allergy. A couple of years later when my friend moved to a "no pets" studio with his fiancee, I agreed to take Cabbie. I think every picture I ever took of her was on film. All of these are scanned. If I did have any digital photos, they've been lost to one flash card or hard drive or another--the dark days before cloud storage. 🤦‍♂️

Cabernet and Merlot as kittens (Merl would get run over later that summer. 😿 )
View attachment 371352
Cabbie never liked to go further than the porch. Even as an indoor-only kitty, I could leave the front door open and she wouldn't leave. I practically had to beg her to come join me on the balcony. Such a good indoor kitty!
View attachment 371351
At one point that house would have six cats (Cabbie had a litter before she was spayed. That's what my friends wanted. The kittens were adorable!), two chinchillas, a lizard, and a rabbit.
View attachment 371353
Obviously a staged photo! Sage, the rabbit, was not litterbox trained. Any other day, there'd be a lot more rabbit poop in that photo. 😹🤦‍♂️ And Cabbie would probably be sleeping in a chair, or in the sun somewhere else. 😻
*RIP sweet Merlot! Fly free, whole, healthy, and forever Cherished!*
I love these photos. Yeah, I have the same thing -- mountains o' hard drives and I'll go you one more with boxes o' 35mm! SO thankful for scanners.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Please keep this thread for pictures of your black cats. The mods have deleted posts that were off-topic. If anyone wants to continues the discussion in the deleted posts, please take it to a different forum.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please keep this thread for pictures of your black cats. The mods have deleted posts that were off-topic. If anyone wants to continues the discussion in the deleted posts, please take it to a different forum.
My post was an accident. I thought i was in a different thread. I apologize.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll remember that next time. I didn't even notice until the next day when I didn't see the post in the thread I thought I put it in, felt like I was going insane, then saw a response to it in this thread and figured it out.