Black Cats Only

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hello all, I haven't been here in a while. Work at home is keeping me insanely busy - more than I would like :(

Anyway, Luna is now 16 months old and finally eating better (found some things she's actually enthusiastic about) so she's gained weight. Made it over 10 lbs LOL. We go to the vet today for her rabies booster so I'm interested to see what her current weight is.

Looking more and more like an adult Maine Coon but, still quite a kitten at heart.

luna for cat site.jpg

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a terrific update, thank you!
She also had her dew claw surgery in July, did great. Had to wear a "cast" for a couple of weeks which was challenging LOL. More for me than her. By the end of the 1st week she was jumping up onto the furniture in the room we had her in for recovery. Freaked me out but good! I only kept an ecollar on her when I wasn't in the room with her (it's my home office/guest room) or if she was eating. She did try a few times to chew the darn thing off but we had to go back every few days for bandage changes anyway.

Here's a couple more of her in the cast and eating breakfast - I put down blankets because the wood floor was a bit slippery the first couple of days until she learned how to walk with that thing on her leg.

luna cast.jpg

breakfast in bed.jpg

lucho

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Haven't been around in a while. Pantera and Pimenta both got a case of worms and it proved difficult to treat. Pimenta's habit of eating anything not nailed down, including anything on the ground, is very likely how she got the worms. And then transmitted them to Pantera. After three full treatments both seem to be parasite free. Pantera lost nearly a full kilo of weight- over 20% ofher body weight. Now however, the now slimmer Pantera looks like a kitten again (and now weights just over 4kg, or nine pounds, down from eleven lbs.). And plays like a kitten too: Pimenta is afraid of Pantera's playful moods :blackcat::biggrin:

View media item 423790
View media item 423735