Black Cats Only

millamokus

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ki-wi is sooo adorable!! thank you for sharing :rolleyes2: she is much fluffier here than my kitten tho. Tokyo is my first cat, so i'm just fantasize how she can look in the future.
some funny pics of her from this morning :dizzy: trying to eat my knitting needles
photo_2020-07-16_15-30-04.jpg

photo_2020-07-16_15-29-56.jpg

photo_2020-07-16_15-29-49.jpg

pic of her yesterday.. posted this one in a plants thread, but will keep it here too..
photo_2020-07-15_23-32-19.jpg

of course i did't punished her for that, she is such a sweetheart and all i did was "ahh.. Tokyo, what have you done..". hours of cleaning and everything was fixed, but yucca is living on my window now haha
later i understood why she did this... Tokyo just she wanted to take this place for herself :doh:
photo_2020-07-16_18-07-19.jpg

but still prefers to sleep on a chair :updown:
photo_2020-07-16_17-49-20.jpg

Attachments

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Pantera is now sporting her summer coat- her shedding has reduced considerably, to our relief- and looks slimmer, despite her weight remaining the same. And she still likes to lie in the sun (Pantera is the only cat I've known that seems to prefer cooler temperatures)

View media item 423673
I don't know. I saw Sopdet rolling around in 6 inches of snow last winter like it was nothing at all and then she layed right on top of it. Pantera is beautiful :)

lucho

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't know. I saw Sopdet rolling around in 6 inches of snow last winter like it was nothing at all and then she layed right on top of it. Pantera is beautiful :)
Good point. This is Rio de Janeiro, there are only two seasons here: Hot, and Hell. If the temperature drops to the low 70s F everybody here bundles up and complains that it's freezing. The only cold Pantera has ever known is the inside of the refrigerator.

lucho

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I forget the exact reason, but black cats do have a tendency to "rust" in sunlight. It happens to Charlie a lot.
Basically, it's the same reason it happens to surfers. The sun bleaches out their hair a bit. It happens to Pantera, She actually has virtually no white hair (just some strands in her ears), but when the sun bleaches her fur a bit you can see ghost tabby striping in good light.