Black Cats Only

lucho

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Does he strut? The thing about Pantera is that she doesn't walk like most cats. She has a 'head low to the ground' and shoulders forward way of movement that is more like the jaguars and leopards of youtube than normal cats. If only I could get that on video...

Blank.starr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does he strut? The thing about Pantera is that she doesn't walk like most cats. She has a 'head low to the ground' and shoulders forward way of movement that is more like the jaguars and leopards of youtube than normal cats. If only I could get that on video...
I know how you feel.. my kitten walks just like a tiny panther but she always stops and darts across the floor when I try to record it. 😂

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Panthera (my avatar) is now ca 14 years old and I had to take him to the vet yesterday because he had been vomiting up liquid stuff in the middle of the night several times during the last week. Otherwise he was fine, ate and pooped etc etc. but I wanted to make sure. The vet found some kind of mass, took an xray but still not conclusive. So he stayed overnight, fasting which I am sure he did not like as he demands his breakfast loudly every morning, for an ultrasound and blood test. Haven't heard anything yet, it could be just a cyst as he does not appear to be in pain and has not acted in any way differently. I am prepared for anything.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Luna got spayed last week - she's getting bigger by the day. She's now just over 6 months old, as long as our 10 year old cat and weighs more than 1/2 of what the older one does :eek3:
Her coat is starting to come in more too. There seems to be 2 variations of Maine Coons as I'm learning - some tend to be a lot more fluffy when young and others sleeker and more refined looking. Luna is the latter so I'm assuming her full coat won't show up for quite some time; but she is getting a nice neck ruff starting. Her fur has also become much more black but is still probably considered black smoke as the under coat is silvery, and when the light hits right her ruff shows off that lighter tone in it as does her back britches.
A couple of pix from tonight
View attachment 307032

View attachment 307033
I have a red MC who is quite fluffy, majestic ruff and tail BUT NO EAR TUFTS! only ear furnishings.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a red MC who is quite fluffy, majestic ruff and tail BUT NO EAR TUFTS! only ear furnishings.
I saw your photos, gorgeous impressive cat but being he has no pedigree, he's a domestic longhair. To my eyes, he looks like he might be a mix of Persian and MC, so the lack of ear tufts wouldn't be surprising.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Man, I just can't win for losing: photographing black cats is harder than it looks. I almost got this one.

Pantera still never walks, she struts. Talk about living up to the name :blackcat2:

View media item 423255
I just happened to come across an article about photographing black cats - I wish I had remembered to save it! I'll have to remember to look it up again! But really it's so true. Sometimes they wind up looking like martians or something LOL

Blank.starr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Panthera (my avatar) is now ca 14 years old and I had to take him to the vet yesterday because he had been vomiting up liquid stuff in the middle of the night several times during the last week. Otherwise he was fine, ate and pooped etc etc. but I wanted to make sure. The vet found some kind of mass, took an xray but still not conclusive. So he stayed overnight, fasting which I am sure he did not like as he demands his breakfast loudly every morning, for an ultrasound and blood test. Haven't heard anything yet, it could be just a cyst as he does not appear to be in pain and has not acted in any way differently. I am prepared for anything.
I wish you all the best!!! God, I know how scared you must be! :(

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got the bad news about Panthera: multiple cysts on his kidneys, pancreas and liver, mostly benign but growing and eventually would have to come out. One is cancerous and inoperable so there is no point in putting him through all kinds of procedures. So as long as he is not in pain nothing will be done. Once he starts hiding, not eating or otherwise not acting his usual self I will let him go and have the vet send him to the rainbow bridge. It may take as little as a month or less but one never knows. He has been a good cat for as long as I have had him and he has had a good life during that time which is 10 or 12 years. I will miss him but life goes on.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He will not be with me much longer. The ultrasound showed several cysts on his liver, pancreas and kidneys and one of them is cancerous and inoperable. So as long as he is comfortable nothing will be done although he does have meds against the nausea. Once he starts hiding and/or not eating which are signs of him not feeling well I will let him go and have the vet send him to the rainbow bridge where all the other kitties are waiting that have preceded him. I will miss him a lot, he slept under the covers with me with just his head sticking out, cuddled up next to me like a child, purring me to sleep. But he had good run, catching flies, lizards and birds on the patio when we lived in SoCal and eating them too! At 15 he is not a young cat and for his 10 or 12 years with me he was a good cat and had a good life.

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He will not be with me much longer. The ultrasound showed several cysts on his liver, pancreas and kidneys and one of them is cancerous and inoperable. So as long as he is comfortable nothing will be done although he does have meds against the nausea.
I've lost 4 cats (between 2014-2018) from different cancers so I really feel for you. All you can do is continue to love him while he's here. Hugs xx

On another note, I think Feora may be a closet Star Wars fan...

'Come to the dark side...'

20200124_203201.jpg

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Panthera is doing better today, eating well, three times already this morning and using the LitterRobot as usual, no upchucking which is nice. Now he is snoozing on a chair that faces the small backyard, it has become his new favorite place for watching whatever he sees out there. I know sometimes he notices a plane coming into the Reno airport, his head will slowly follow until it disappears into the window frame, especially at night when the plane's lights are on and the room is dark.